Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Hey there,

Configuration is the following:
AMD Athlon x2 6400+ cpu
M2N-VM HDMI asus mobo
MSI 8500 GT gfx
4 x 1 gb kingston ram

The problem is as follows, in WoW my framerates seem quite normal for about 12 seconds, after that get down to 1-2 fps only to get back to 20ish after those 12 seconds (the 12 seconds is what i counted, could be a bit more or less, bur it's about right)
Already tried to assign the game to one core, but get the exact same thing. Could this be a silly setting somewhere and if so anyone got an idea what setting that could be?
Also the framerates were far from perfect, but at least consistent with same gfx on a celeron D with only 1 gb of ram, so it doesn't seem very likely there's something wrong with the card itself.

Hope to hear some of your opinions soon,

Ch.

EDIT: appear I've got it in my BIOS too, before starting up an OS the command lines sometimes seem to pass a lot slower than usual, to go back to normal speed. Also I've tried running it on Ubuntu, got the same thing.

leo2kp

Distinguished
Three things:

CPU throttling, install the multi-core AMD patch for Windows XP, or try shutting off VSync on your video card or in the game settings, but doing that will increase page-tearing and could bother you more in a fast-paced setting.

stargrasske

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Had been searching the net, already installed the AMD patch, didn't seem to help
Also updated my BIOS version, hoping for results, got none tho.
Took it to the shop, at the phone got the suggestion it could be my motherboard. But as I've already replaced that once I'd either be very unlucky or something else is going on. Suppose I'll know when I get the call to pick it up and pay.
As I see it, it's either my mobo or CPU at this point. Luckily both are still in guarantee, so hope it can be fixed by replacing. I'll post what it was if they find out. Might help someone in the future.

Sincerely,
Charlotte