When I read the reviews of University I thought of all the new mods that
will likely result. I assume that the game's cause & effects are then used
by the modders to make it a free-standing option. So here's what I think we
might see soon (going by the GameSpy article):

lockable/personal/private doors

control of other Sims' actions

more musical instruments/different songs
(or, we may be able to "drop" songs into folders as we do with other
environmental music)

---
Michelle
(SeaShel)

free the fish to reply

SeaShel wrote:
> When I read the reviews of University I thought of all the new mods that
> will likely result. I assume that the game's cause & effects are then used
> by the modders to make it a free-standing option. So here's what I think we
> might see soon (going by the GameSpy article):
>
> lockable/personal/private doors
>
> control of other Sims' actions
>
> more musical instruments/different songs
> (or, we may be able to "drop" songs into folders as we do with other
> environmental music)
>

> ---
> Michelle
> (SeaShel)
>
> free the fish to reply

==
> lockable/personal/private doors

all ready have those!
http://www.simlogical.com

>When I read the reviews of University I thought of all the new mods
that
>will likely result. I assume that the game's cause & effects are then
used
>by the modders to make it a free-standing option. So here's what I
think we
>might see soon (going by the GameSpy article):

>lockable/personal/private doors

>control of other Sims' actions

>more musical instruments/different songs
>(or, we may be able to "drop" songs into folders as we do with other
>environmental music)

Personally I'm more interested to know how all the existing mods
work. Like then teen woohoo, daily gardener, live in maids and all the
object recolours I've downloaded. I've heard there's a problem
with modded careers. I'm sure the people at MTS2 will sort it all out
but when? And will I be able to play University at all until they have?

JulyRaine wrote:
> SeaShel wrote:
>
>> When I read the reviews of University I thought of all the new mods
>> that will likely result. I assume that the game's cause & effects are
>> then used by the modders to make it a free-standing option. So here's
>> what I think we might see soon (going by the GameSpy article):
>>
>> lockable/personal/private doors
>>
>> control of other Sims' actions
>>
>> more musical instruments/different songs
>> (or, we may be able to "drop" songs into folders as we do with other
>> environmental music)
>>

>> ---
>> Michelle
>> (SeaShel)
>>
>> free the fish to reply
>>
> ==
> > lockable/personal/private doors
>
> all ready have those!
> http://www.simlogical.com
==
Noticed the site seems to be down :(

BombayMix wrote:
>>When I read the reviews of University I thought of all the new mods
>
> that
>
>>will likely result. I assume that the game's cause & effects are then
>
> used
>
>>by the modders to make it a free-standing option. So here's what I
>
> think we
>
>>might see soon (going by the GameSpy article):
>

>>lockable/personal/private doors
>

>>control of other Sims' actions
>

>>more musical instruments/different songs
>>(or, we may be able to "drop" songs into folders as we do with other
>>environmental music)
>

> Personally I'm more interested to know how all the existing mods
> work. Like then teen woohoo, daily gardener, live in maids and all the
> object recolours I've downloaded. I've heard there's a problem
> with modded careers. I'm sure the people at MTS2 will sort it all out
> but when? And will I be able to play University at all until they have?

===
for me that's a scary thought as I depend on my mods! I love the phone
fix, the daily gardener, the no cheering hack, the things that take the
irritation factor out of the game!

"JulyRaine" <JulyRaine@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> JulyRaine wrote:
>> SeaShel wrote:
>>
>>> When I read the reviews of University I thought of all the new mods
>>> that will likely result. I assume that the game's cause & effects
>>> are then used by the modders to make it a free-standing option. So
>>> here's what I think we might see soon (going by the GameSpy
>>> article):
>>>
>>> lockable/personal/private doors
>>>
>>> control of other Sims' actions
>>>
>>> more musical instruments/different songs
>>> (or, we may be able to "drop" songs into folders as we do with other
>>> environmental music)
>>>

>>> ---
>>> Michelle
>>> (SeaShel)
>>>
>>> free the fish to reply
>>>
>> ==
>> > lockable/personal/private doors
>>
>> all ready have those!
>> http://www.simlogical.com
> ==
> Noticed the site seems to be down :(

Not long ago when I was there, Inge had a note saying to uninstall all
her stuff before
installing the new EP until she had a chance to check them out with
University so maybe
she is doing just that. :)
Hopefully, our hacks will work with University......I need my hacks!!!
:)

......B

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:31:59 -0900, "SeaShel"
<seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote:

>lockable/personal/private doors

This is certainly what I'm hoping... if you want two families on the
same lot, you could then make a house with say four entrances and put
one pic on each... hopefully it'll be hacked and people can make
family specific doors etc. Otherwise, you can put two doors on mom and
dad's room with the double bed... one with a pic of each :-D Finally
people will stay in their rooms.

>control of other Sims' actions

This is already achieved to a VERY high degree with the mind control
mirror. Influence is just that... influence. You can't take them over,
they just help you out... and they are points you gather and spend,
like aspiration.

>more musical instruments/different songs
>(or, we may be able to "drop" songs into folders as we do with other
>environmental music)

I kinda doubt it... each instrument plays it's unique place in the
different songs as I understand it.