Sign in with
Your question

GA-EP35-DS3L display problems

Last response: in Motherboards
July 9, 2009 2:13:01 AM

I have a Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L that has been running fine for a little over a year. Last night I suspended it, tried to turn it on today and the display is not working: I get "Input not supported". It POSTs correctly (single beep), all the lights and fans are on, etc., but there's no display.

I've tried resetting the CMOS to no avail.

The GFX card is: Geforce 8400GS.

Any help would be appreciated!
a b V Motherboard
July 9, 2009 5:04:13 AM

Please provide PSU make/model/age, cpu, and "C" drive HD size and age.

Does it make it into Windows (can you hear the startup sound)?

If not, can you force a try at a normal boot (not resume)?
m
l
July 9, 2009 6:00:56 AM

Thanks for the response.

Embarrassing result: my house was hit by lighting last night and the surge protector the monitor was plugged in to was dead.

*face palm*
m
l
Related resources
a c 156 V Motherboard
July 9, 2009 7:08:48 AM

Hey, it did what it was supposed to do - die that other components might live. :) 
m
l
a b V Motherboard
July 9, 2009 7:12:59 AM

ROFLMAO. That's great news!
m
l
a c 177 V Motherboard
July 9, 2009 2:09:32 PM

That's one of Murphy's laws of electronics: "a three hundred dollar circuit board will fail to protect a twenty-two cent fuse..."

Some others:

"After two days of troubleshooting, the most annoying person in the workplace will happen by, see the problems at a glance, and proceed to tell everyone in the office about it..."

"At least one wire in any made-to-length harness will be too short. An engineer will suggest cutting off more wire to fix it..."

"A dropped component will always fall into the place where it can do maximal damege..."

"Units of measure will always be given in the least useful possible units - i.e., a tape drive speed will be expressed in furlongs per fortnight..."

If I recall, there's three pages of 'em - I'll have to hunt and see if I can't OCR 'em...
m
l
a b V Motherboard
July 10, 2009 1:07:56 AM

Interchangeable parts won't.
m
l
!