USBand HDD device not recognized PROBLEM

G

Hi, today I went to reinstall my firends computer, its alittle old one, anyhow After reinstalling windows I started to install smaller aplications, I had a 8GB USB flash memory with me with MS office instalation in it, that I had brought from my computer the same day. I pluged it in and it said - "device not recognized", then I tried to connect my external HDD with USB, it didnt respond anyhow... I reinstalled motherboards drivers form official web-site but nothng helped... Altho the USB mouse connected worked fine... So it was getting late and I left it there.. everything was running ok except for the USB flas and external HDD
So I went home and when I plugged in my USB it said the same thing - "device not recognized" the flash drive worked fine before, also when I connected my external HDD it didnt respon eather... Both devices worked fine before I went reinstall my friends PC now the wont work not on my home PC ore laptop.. Im really scared, what can I do ? What have happened ?

Try re-installing the chipset, as it sounds like it could be an issue with the USB controllers. Re-installing the chipset helps to jump start the USB controllers. Give that a shot. If it doesn't work, report back to us.

G

You mean, I also have to reinstall the chipset drivers on my home maschine where everything worked before ? My other USB works on my home pc just the one whitch I brought home from friends pc doesnt work anymore and also the HDD ??

G

It seems that the USB device and external HDD has corrupted ore something because they aren't working on any system now.. as I plug in they show up as not recognized. On different pc`s and operating systems. Cant update driver, cant find it in my computer ore disk management... cant access them in any way... what can I do ?