Network Adapter disable

Is there any way "Disable this adapter" can be disabled? Especially form
the tray?
I have a server less monitor/keybd/mouse - I Use remote desktop connection -
which works fine until I (Iknow, I know) stupidly disable the network
adapter. Now, even on a reboot, comes up with network adapter disabled, and
therefore no access to LAN, WAN, etc, making it pretty miuch useless as a
small network server.
\

Now I get to carry a 21" flat screen boat anchor in from the garage, give
myself a hernia, plug in the keybd & mouse, turn on the network adapter and
all is well. Now, unplug 600 lb. monitor, lug back into garage, bang elbow
on doorknob, slip on roller-skate, stumble over cock-a-doodle-doo slippers,
nearly drop the monitor and - for the next 10 days, eat handfuls of Vicodin
and sleep on the hard floor trying to re-align spine.

Seems like it would be easier for idiots like me to have a "Do you really,
really, reallly want to turn down this network adapter, dummy, cuz you're
connected through it?" -

It's ironic.... You can't delete (by default, anyway)
d:\Bambi_and_her_roommates_cleaning_house_in french maid outfit .jpg files
from your TRASH CAN without "are you sure", yet you can end up in the ER
with a ruptured spine without any kind of "are you sure???" msg.

Checked tweakUI and couldn't find anything.

Any ideas? ANyone laughing at all??

Thanks

gg

There was a script file 'ToggleNIC.wsf' last November
(http://www.mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=619 ), but now it's
gone... Maybe someone has this or similar script handy. You would need a k/b
and floppy diskette only for your headless server.

TRENDING THREADS