Lude2Envy

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
Hey guys. I'm trying to help my uncle out with his computer. Its a custom built system with the following specs.

450watt PSU
AMD Athlon 3200
2gig Corsair XMS
Foxconn NF4UK8AA-8EKRS Mobo
Gigabyte Geforce 7200GS
Sound Blaster Live
40gig WD IDE hard drive
Windows XP Pro SP3

I formatted the computer and reinstalled windows and all the updates etc... But the problem I'm having is some random freezing. The first odd thing I noticed is that the windows clock in the bottom right corner of the screen is never reading the correct time....even after I set it. I'll reboot and its still way off. Some of the other problems I'm having is for instance I'll click on the start menu and it'll pop up, but it'll be transparent and just stay on the screen, I can't navigate the menu's or anything. While that is stuck I'll be able to open internet explorer but once it opens it'll freeze while loading a page. Eventually everything just hangs so bad I have to reboot.

I ran a test on the memory and it's fine. I replaced the PSU with a Stealth 550watt I had and that didn't fix anything. I replaced the CPU with a Athlon 3500+ i had and that didn't fix anything. My guess is the video card or the motherboard but I really don't know at this point. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.