PC not starting up at all

gwaves

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
Okay, I'm completely burned out because of this. :sweat:

So, I built a system out of both old and new parts. I fixed everything up and I press the power button. The Power Led lights up but nothing else happens. If I press and hold the power button the led goed off. No fans are spinning, there's no screen etc.

First I thought it could've been the PSU, but after trying 3 others the same problems was there. Then I thought it was RAM, but nope. Then I switched mobo, no go.

What exactly could the problem here be?

gwaves

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007

Everything that's stated there is correct. I've done many custom build PCs, that's why this one is so frustrating for me. I'm 99% sure something is not working properly but I can't find out what. If fans don't spin it's usually the PSU, but the power led goes on so it must be something else.

gwaves

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
ASrock p4v88 mobo
Intel Pentium 4 3 GHz CPU
1GB Kingston valueram
Radeon X1600 Pro
Old PSU, 300 watt, 15A on 12V rail

WD 1TB, Caviar
LG GH22
Elite 333 case

I think that's all. Pretty much all the parts are old except for the last 3.

If you have really ruled out bad motherboards, in that you are certain the other board you tried was working and FULLY compatible with the CPU, then I guess you are down to the processor.

Just don't assume that because a motherboard has the right socket, that it supports any CPU that fits in there.