New MSI P45 motherboard and MSI Gtx 295 casuing problems.

Hey
I got a problem.
Last week I installed a new motherboard and graphics card.
After I`ve been getting random blue screens. ( Sometimes it just reset. One frame I`m doing something, the next its black).

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9756/sataa.th.jpg

http://img32.imageshack.us/i/sataa.jpg/ (If the link doesnt work for you)

Setup:
Msi P45 Motherboard
Msi geforce Gtx 295 Graphics card
OS on a Velociraptor.
Ram: Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2 4x1Gb
Cpu: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz
Vista 32bit OS.

I think I have the correct drivers.
Pls does anyone have a idea?
Dont really think like formatting my comp.
12 answers Last reply
More about motherboard casuing problems
  1. You left out the PSU.
  2. NorthQ 4775-500BULK, ATX 500W
  3. I doubt its powerful enough to power a GTX295, never heard of NorthQ, lol. Also why did you pair a GTX295 and a 2GHz E6400?
  4. Couldnt afford to upgrade it all at this point in time. But do you seriously think that the PSU is the reason for the blue screens?
  5. The specs for the NorthQ 4775-500BULK PSU are: +5v@30A, +3.3v@33A, +12v1@20A, +12v2@20A, -12v@0.5A, +5VSB@2.5A. It looks good on paper.

The specs for an Antec Earthwatts EA500 500W are: +3.3V@24A, +5V@24A, +12V1@17A, +12V2@17A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@2.5A.

Since they both are 500W PSUs, they should have similar specs. I know that the Antec can exceed 500W.

For testing purposes, can you install a video card that draws less current to see if your system still crashes?
  6. Lutador said:
    Couldnt afford to upgrade it all at this point in time. But do you seriously think that the PSU is the reason for the blue screens?

Purchase a 70amp single rail power supply and answer your own question. The most important part of a high end gaming machine and people keep assuming that it's ok to buy junk.

7. Would the one called CFT-750-14CS do the trick then?

Will change back to my previous card soon and test. A 8800 GTS.
  8. It could be the PSU, but it could also be the video card or the motherboard. Who makes that Turbo Series PSU?
  9. Been using my previous video card for a couple of hours now. No crashes yet.
    The producer is Chieftec.
  10. New video card and motherboard..? And you didn't format/reinstall windows?? Did you at least uninstall all of their drivers?
  11. No, I didnt becuase it was the same chipset on the motherboards.
    However it seems that it was/is the PSU as Ive been using my previous video card now for many hours without any crashes.
    The drivers were the same for both cards anyhow.
  12. That still leaves the PSU (most likely) and video card.
Ask a new question

Read More

MSI-Microstar Graphics Cards Motherboards