EVGA E758 TR-any major issues?

stark700

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
I'm getting ready to order from Newegg, and was just wondering if there were any major issues with this board.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188046

My main concern is that I want a good board that will be able to take advantage of the 3 way sli(16x8x8). I found very few i7 boards that actually have x8(or better) for the 3rd GPU in SLI. They also cost close to $400, and all have some major flaws(bad/cheap LAN(Gigabyte), bad placement/layout of slots, lacking SATA ports(many have only 6, including Rampage II Extreme), use cheaper "budgeted" parts(MSI) or they are x4 for the 3rd GPU(Asus P6T V2). The EVGA does have 9 SATA ports, does have x8 for the 3rd GPU, and has pretty good reviews. BUT it only supports 12 GB RAM(which is not important for a few years, I think anyways). I already found out the main difference between this and the E758-A1 is the lifetime warranty. The TR only has a 2 year warranty.

Does anyone know of any MAJOR flaws that I have not noticed? Does any other board support the 16x8x8, and have advantages to the EVGA?

The rest of the build:
CPU: i7 920
Case: Antec 1200
PSU: Antec CP-850
RAM: 6 GB OCZ Plat
HD: 640 GB WD Caviar w/ 32 MB cache
Fan/heatsink: Cooler Master V8(based on reviews, it should work fine, but will be hard to install)
GPU: EVGA 275 GTX 896 MB-will eventually buy 2 more once initial build is complete.

Any help or input is appreciated. Thanks

MikeJRamsey

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009

It's a good board. The only thing to watch is that the northbridge cooler blows towards the CPU cooler. Later EVGA boards fixed this.

Rest looks OK. One thought; have you put your setup through a power calculator? Two GTX 750 cards with an over clocked i7 might tax an 850W PSU.

Corsair has one on their home page. Antec probably does too.

One more thing. If you only plan 2X SLI then consider buying this board, EVGA 121-BL-E756-TR, directly from the EVGA website. Amazon is being difficult by delaying shipments.

tdawg2k7

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
I'm looking into getting this board for myself, I'm wondering though, does it support 3 way crossfire as well?