I7 water cooled pc under 1.7k is it possible?

sefros

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
ok i posted a little while ago and it turns out that i was gonna be ripped off so thanks to you guys now ive decided to try my hand at building my own pimp machine lol. Ive read up on some stuff and I know enough to know that it might not be possible to build a rig for this price but im willing to give it a chance,with your help of course lol.

heres what i have so far let me know where i went wrong or can improve:

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 Processor $280

GPU: BFG GeForce GTX 280 1GB $389

CASE: NZXT Tempest case $115

PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Watt $140

HDD: Samsung F1 HD103UJ 1TB $135

DRIVE: Samsung SH-S223F DVD Burner $26

SOUND CARD: Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer $91

as u can see i still would need a MOBO and RAM not to mention i dont even know where to start with the water cooling. before u ask the reason I want a liguid cooled pc is that i was told its better for OC and quiter which is great because my boys sleep with me and they tend to get upset that they are trying to sleep and my pc is as loud as a semi. lol.

You can make a quiet PC without water, and you can overclock it just fine. The system you listed earlier was not quiet, and the liquid cooling system was no better than good air. It also did not cool the GPUs, typically the noisiest part of the sytem.

How about starting out with air, and adding water cooling later if you still feel you need it? Good water cooling of both CPU and GPU is going to run you $300.00 or more, and void the warranty on your GPU.