Sign in with
Your question

What files control the mouse in windows xp

Last response: in Windows XP
July 14, 2011 12:17:57 PM

Hello, i know i have a virus, but it's restricting me to update microsoft essentials. But, the immediate problem is I have a laptop that I use a remote mouse. Everytime I scroll down using the remote mouse the screen flips back to the prior page
July 14, 2011 12:26:44 PM

Most likely mouse.sys, but I don't think that is the problem. Can you use the tab key once in MSE to advance to the next control, then just hit the enter key when you are on the correct control button.
m
l
July 14, 2011 2:55:10 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
Most likely mouse.sys, but I don't think that is the problem. Can you use the tab key once in MSE to advance to the next control, then just hit the enter key when you are on the correct control button.

What and where is MSE?? thanks
m
l
Related resources
July 14, 2011 3:13:20 PM

MSE = Microsoft Security Essentials

Didn't you say you are trying to update it but can't scroll the window?
m
l
July 14, 2011 3:42:29 PM

You probably have an issues with the built-in mouse or trackpad. Does the scroll work OK when you use the laptop mouse? Knowing what files control the mouse won't do you much, what were you going to do when you found them? Unless you don't mean what you wrote.
m
l
July 14, 2011 6:09:42 PM

Hawkeye22 said:

sorry for the confusion, microsoft essentials won't let me update.. The mouse situation is separate. When using the remote mouse or even the keyboard the viewing page keeps scrolling back to the previous page.
m
l
July 14, 2011 7:13:28 PM

tonyran said:
sorry for the confusion, microsoft essentials won't let me update.. The mouse situation is separate. When using the remote mouse or even the keyboard the viewing page keeps scrolling back to the previous page.

Does this happen in all applications or just the internet browser? If you have a word document and you scroll down, does it scroll back up? That would be an issue with a key stuck or the trackpad side scroll if you have that.
m
l
July 14, 2011 7:49:56 PM

Hawkeye22 said:

MSE comes up with an error when it tries to scan for virus and definition update
m
l
July 14, 2011 7:52:58 PM

hang-the-9 said:
You probably have an issues with the built-in mouse or trackpad. Does the scroll work OK when you use the laptop mouse? Knowing what files control the mouse won't do you much, what were you going to do when you found them? Unless you don't mean what you wrote.

no, both mouse's (mice) have the same problem, they both go back to the first page automatically..
m
l
!