Sign in with
Your question

Tiny bubbles? are they bad?

Last response: in Overclocking
August 18, 2010 4:59:17 AM

im doing a new WC install for a friend and there are itty bitty tiny bubbles in the tube, are they that bad? its jsut that ive been trying for hours to get them out and they arnt coming out...

their along the top of the tube

are these that bad?

do they NEED to come out??

and btw its a thermaltake 760i...

please do not b*itch at me... it wasnt my choice to use it... so i dont want any they suck posts because i know..

thanks!

More about : tiny bubbles bad

a b K Overclocking
August 18, 2010 8:46:05 AM

Is the thermaltake cooler one you can empty out and refill?
Are the bubbles moving or are they stuck to the tubing?
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 18, 2010 12:45:46 PM

They should disappear within a day or two, you can help them along by pinching the tube and thumping the components to make sure that there are no trapped air bubbles.
m
l
Related resources
a c 324 K Overclocking
August 18, 2010 3:47:56 PM

^Yep fairly normal. They should collect into a larger bubble, hopefully in the res. If the bubble collects in the rad, it will hamper the cooling ability, so its worth tilting the system a few days afterwards to push those out.
m
l
August 18, 2010 6:11:57 PM

ive drained and refilled multiple times with the same result, i get the bubbles.

and the bubbles occasionally move with the water flow but are mostly stationary
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
August 18, 2010 7:27:49 PM

Just leave them alone. They will eventually move their way into the res or the rad (not the best place for them). By draining and refilling, you are simply recreating the issue...just be patient, give it a week or so and see where they are collecting. If you don't see them in the tubing or the res...assume they collected in your radiator...time to move them around and force them out.
m
l
!