S/pdif audio connection to my video card hdmi

I like to use hdmi from video card to connect to hdtv.

My video card has s/pdif input pins on it, but my motherboard (intel dg965wh) does not have s/pdif output pins.

Q1: So, I need to get a sound card that has s/pdif output pins to be connected to video card's s/pdif input pins, right? (yes/no)

Q2: If Q1 is "yes", I searched sound card with s/pdif output pins, but it's hard to find one or ones available have bad reviews. Anyone could suggest for me to look for any sound card models?

Q3: any other better soulution?

Thanks so much!!
5 answers Last reply
More about pdif audio connection video card hdmi
  1. hey saguarochoi,

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have the same motherboard and looking to do the exact same thing.

let me know what you did,
    thanks
  2. Can someone answer this? Is there an audio card that has spdif output pins to connect to video cards????????
  3. Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 cinema has an spdif out.

Now, what graphics card will accept the spdif and also has an HDMI (not DVI) out put?
  4. You guys may benefit from something like this.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10114&cs_id=1011405&p_id=5369&seq=1&format=2

I am kind of in your same situation. I have DVI and SPDIF (Toslink) out on my HT PC and I needed to run it to a HDMI so I could get both audio and video sent to my HD LCD TV. I just ordered this yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to test it out, but I am very optimistic that this will work for what we need.
  5. Update: I got the product I listed and wow does it work great! I output my video through DVI from my video card and my digital audio (using the optical connection) from my sound card into this device. All I had to do was plug in my HDMI cable from the device to the HDMI on my LCD TV and it works flawlessly. I was expecting problems with playback, but I just watched The Dark Knight last night and it was absolutely flawless.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Connection HDMI Sound Cards Graphics