Sign in with
Your question

Problem with somthing in graphic card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 4, 2009 7:31:19 PM

hey everyone,
first sorry for my english, i asked in some forums in my country and i still didnt solve the problem, i hope you can help me out.

ok, i have radeon 2900GT and lcd samsung 32". im using hdmi to hdmi cable to see my computer in the lcd, in the start it was working good, then i removed my driver and installed updated one, and from now on i see black lines in up,down, left and right, like a frame with black lines. i formated my computer, still same problem. i tryed playing with the properties, still. im sure its somthing with my computer because i tryed to plug my brother's computer into the lcd and it worked fine.

i hope you have the answer,
thanks!
March 4, 2009 9:47:53 PM

help pls?
March 4, 2009 10:51:39 PM

Uninstall the drivers you just installed,and re-install the original drivers off the cd.If that doesn't work,try doing a windows recovery.Also when you installed the video drivers,did you disable your anti virus???Quite often AV can interfere with the drivers configuring properly.Goodluck.

Dahak

ASUS P5N-D
C2D E8500 STOCK
ZALMAN 9500 CPU COOLER
2X2GIG DDR2 1066 IN DC MODE
TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
EVGA GTX 260
SMILIDON RAIDMAX GAMING CASE
LG 24IN WS LCD 1920X1080
250GIG HD/500GIG HD
LOGITECH G15 GAMING KEYBOARD
G5 GAMING MOUSE
LOGITECH Z-5500 5.1 SURROUND SYSTEM
500WATS CONTINUOUS,1000 PEAK
WIN XP PRO
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2009 10:55:12 PM

Seems like driver issues. Try using the previous drivers you were using.
March 5, 2009 11:39:30 AM

thanks you guys for trying, but still, i deleted and installed the one from the disc, same problem.
btw, in the format screen, i plugged the hdmi to hdmi cable and watched my computer on the lcd and it was still with this black frame.

well, any other suggestions?
a c 177 U Graphics card
March 5, 2009 1:10:52 PM

Sounds like you need to go into the Catalyst Control Centre and set the display properties there, you might not have set up the drivers to use your TV as a display.
Failing that, check the Windows display properties and make sure the resoloution Windows is using matches your TV and also, check the `refresh rate`under the `advanced` tab, for most lcd panels it should be 60Hz.
March 5, 2009 1:53:22 PM

i tryed to play with resoloution and all things in there, but still this black frame stays there.
what do you mean by setting my tv as a display?

also, if i change the resoloution lets say to 800X600, the tv screen get bigger, but the black frame doesnt get changed. it doesnt matter what resoloution i change it, the black frame doesnt changes, only whats in it.

what to change in here? how do i set my tv as display?
http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=51390112.jpg

and this is the black fram im talking about (its like a frame all over, i just take a pic of the side)
http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=33446638.jpg

thanks.
March 7, 2009 7:18:02 PM

any more suggestion?
btw, i seeing now that my computer, when im plaging him to my lcd or even when its not plugged in, in random time, the computer doing noices.. may be its an hardware problem? maybe somthing in my graphic card?
!