New i7 p6t won't POST

G

I upgraded my PC to the following:

Intel i7 920 (stock fan)

Asus P6T

(3x)1 GB Corsair DDR3(installed the DIMMS in the orange slots as indicated in MOBO manual)

550 Watt PSU (20Pin+4Pin MOBO plug)
ATX 12V V2.01

ATI Radeon

1 SATA HDD plugged to 'port0' SATA connector

DVD player
CDRW

-----------------
I also bought a new case for it because my old comp was an XPS Gen3 and the bastards builtin the Motherboard into the chassis which doesn't allow 'upgrades')
----------------

So I started out by putting in the processor, its fan, then the RAM, Graphics card, HDD, then the power supply to the motherboard.

The power supply has a 20+4 pin connector (don't know if that's the problem or not, but it plugged in fine and the guy at FRYs told me it would go fine with the motherboard). Also plugged in the power to the HDD and DVD/CDRW.

THE PROBLEM:

I plugged in the power cord to the PSU, turned on the computer through the power button built in the motherboard. The prcessor fan and the chassi fans began to run.

I don't see anything on my monitors. (Have 2 monitors plugged in). It appears to not even do a POST.

BTW the speaker for some resaon doesn't work so i cant hear the beeps either.

Please does anyone have any suggestions? Or could help me out? I'm eating less because I spent too much money on the motherboard n processor, lol)

Thanks!

G

The system speaker may work, I don't know if it does or not.

i'm trying my best to get the speaker to work to see if there are any beeps, (i plugged the speaker to the connector that came with the motherboard that connects also the HDD led, the power switch and reset switch leds, etc into the motherboard)

G

if anybody came to this forum, i had to change the power supply because it only had a 4pin 12v connector for the CPU and it needed an 8pin 12v connector

G

yea, prob was that i didnt connec the 8 pin 12v cpu connector to the mobo, because my psu didnt have one, so i replaced the psu, it posted, it didnt boot to windows because when u make big hardware changes it wont boot, so what u're supposed to do is to boot to the windows cd and hit repair, but i wiped my system and reinstalled the os, its working fine now, its fast!!

sprucebr1

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
Yeah, the x58 boards have an 8pin connection, most i7 compatible PSU's will have 2 4pin connectors on them. nothing will work if you don't plug those in.