Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Who can recover data files

Last response: in Storage
August 17, 2010 11:45:22 AM

Hello,

i have a clickfree external device. it shows up on computer but does nothing. i would to retrieve the info thats on it as i have all of my grandson's pic on there since birth and he is 2 now. i have a lot of old music also that i would like to get back. please i am desperate. it there any help to get this done.

More about : recover data files

Best solution

a b G Storage
August 17, 2010 1:13:46 PM

Try Recuva. Its free. Do a deep scan on the drive and see if it can recover the files.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 8, 2010 7:25:17 AM

Since most of your lost data files are pictures and music, I'd recommend to try a picture recovery tool called Wondershare Photo Recovery. This program can recover pictures and videos as well as music files. Worth for your try.
Related resources
September 21, 2010 2:05:30 AM

APlowden said:
Hello,

i have a clickfree external device. it shows up on computer but does nothing. i would to retrieve the info thats on it as i have all of my grandson's pic on there since birth and he is 2 now. i have a lot of old music also that i would like to get back. please i am desperate. it there any help to get this done.

will one of these work for me if i did a recovery on my computer. also can i use my cameras to get the pictures back? have not had a chance to try any of these as of yet will do tomorrow.
October 1, 2010 11:59:57 AM

hell_storm2004 said:
Try Recuva. Its free. Do a deep scan on the drive and see if it can recover the files.

i didnt get any info back from this. is it possible to use camera to get info of it.

thanks
a b G Storage
October 1, 2010 12:39:17 PM

By camera, you mean its a software or the camera which was used to take the pic?

Recuva generally is good tool to get back data. Strange that it didn't show up anything. Maybe the data is totally lost. How much data did you have in this?
October 8, 2010 5:23:13 PM

hell_storm2004 said:

hello:

i tried this again for the second time and i did retrieve a lot of the pictures. i did not get any from his bday party last year but i will try it again and see if i can any of them. i also would like to know if i tried to get them of my camera is there a possiblity that i can.

thanks very much for your help.

lula
a b G Storage
October 8, 2010 5:28:37 PM

Most welcome! :) 
October 8, 2010 5:33:51 PM

hell_storm2004 said:

it was a flipshare camera that i took the pics with. there was also videos. you can take videos and pics with this camera. if i can use the camera please tell me how. the camera has a usb cord that can plugged into the computer. i thought maybe i could get the data of the camera if that's possible.

thanks again
lula
a b G Storage
October 8, 2010 5:37:57 PM

I think Recuva can get details from flash drives, USB drives as well. Connect the camera to your PC and keep your fingers crossed and give it a shot! I am sure if its recoverable, Recuva will get it for you.
October 8, 2010 5:47:48 PM

i am very dumb when it comes to computer so can you tell me how to go about doing it. do i go to the recuva website and then plug in the camera?

thanks
lula
October 15, 2010 2:37:41 PM

Best answer selected by Aplowden.
!