obamausa

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
i got vha to hdmi cable hoping to display my lap top on my lcd hd tv
.i connected the vga to my lap top and hdmi to my lcd nothing came on. what can i do

Ignatowski

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009

hopefully theres some circuitry in that cable that converting the analog out of VGA to the digital in of HDMI. however if you got a DVI to VGA cable and stuck a DVI to HDMI converter on there then thats not gunna work. a straight vga to hdmi without circuitry isnt gunna work.

what you can do is
a) buy a converter that works. something like http://www.buy.com/prod/startech-vga-hd-with-audio-to-hdmi-format-converter-startech-vga-hd/q/loc/101/202289819.html
b) use the VGA port on your TV ( i guess its possible that theres no vga port see option C)
c) buy a tv with a vga port
d) buy a laptop with dvi/hdmi out
e) get a vga to component cable ( 30 bux) assuming the tv supports component in. http://www.buy.com/prod/gefen-vga-to-component-video-cable-1-x-hd-15-3-x-rca-6ft-gefen-vga-to/q/loc/111/202749719.html

daniel102702

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
So just to make sure I understand what you're saying...If I have VGA out on my laptop and use a VGA to DVI converter and then a DVI to HDMI cable to take it into my tv, are you saying that won't work? It isn't so far, that's why I'm googling for the answer. Thanks!

daniel102702

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
So just to make sure I understand what you're saying...If I have VGA out on my laptop and use a VGA to DVI converter and then a DVI to HDMI cable to take it into my tv, are you saying that won't work? It isn't so far, that's why I'm googling for the answer. Thanks!

daniel102702

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009