v551 vs. v600

I am a sprint user and have used my trusty Sanyo 4900 for years. Yes it is
big, but the speakerphone and battery life are incredible. Now I am going to
switch to cingular because my employer will reimburse my cellphone bill if I
switch to cingular. Since I am very accustom to long battery life and a
great speakerphone I have narrowed it down to the 2 motorolas. But I have
read some issues with battery life on the 551. With my extended battery on
my Sanyo I can get about 7 real hours of talk, butt he phone is like a brick
with that big battery. Cingular advertises up to 7 hours. Some people are
saying they only get 2 hours. I also hear of some disconnect issues? Any
comments appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about v551 v600

    Jeff Johnson wrote:
    > I am a sprint user and have used my trusty Sanyo 4900 for years. Yes it is
    > big, but the speakerphone and battery life are incredible. Now I am going to
    > switch to cingular because my employer will reimburse my cellphone bill if I
    > switch to cingular. Since I am very accustom to long battery life and a
    > great speakerphone I have narrowed it down to the 2 motorolas. But I have
    > read some issues with battery life on the 551. With my extended battery on
    > my Sanyo I can get about 7 real hours of talk, butt he phone is like a brick
    > with that big battery. Cingular advertises up to 7 hours. Some people are
    > saying they only get 2 hours. I also hear of some disconnect issues? Any
    > comments appreciated.

    Well, Jeff, for one thing, Cingular no longer offers the V600 (at least
    not where I've been) - something about the V600's firmware and the
    Cingular Subsidy Lock not playing nice together - so I can't speak to
    the V600. Cingular offers the V551 as it's replacement, of which I own
    two, and am completely happy with. This is not to say I get 7 hours of
    talk time, more like ~5 hours, and this seems okay to me considering the
    nebulous nature of performance ratings - especially this one.
    Admittedly, I traded in a Nokia GAIT and a Nokia TDMA clunkers for the
    551s (which was quite a step up) and am very satisfied with the overall
    performance of the 551 including with the Moto HS810 BT headset, EDGE
    capability, speaker phone, and car kits. I've even captured a couple of
    images with the little camera and while not up to the specs of a
    dedicated camera, is certainly good enough for it's intended use. SMS
    usage is typical of a cell phone (less than with a PDA), and I consider
    the display to be more than adequate for my occasional use. Personally,
    I think the fidelity of the 551 to be second to none, and several of my
    friends are as happy with their 551s and I am with mine.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Cingular Battery Internet Service Providers