Sign in with
Your question

USB MOUSE NOT WORKING

Last response: in Components
May 8, 2009 2:57:19 AM

I am currently using (Gigabyte Ep45-ud3l, gtx260 c216, e8400, 4GB patriot ram, Windows xp sp3) i am using a ball mouse via ps2 port, it works fine. I bought a razer deathadder today. So i unplugged the ps2 mouse, put the usb mouse into a port, put the disc in(atm the mouse is not tracking). Also windows Found new hardware wizard comes up, so i clicked cancel. After installing the driver and restarting my computer the mouse doesn't track. I know the mouse is okay, because my other wireless mouse doesn't work either. I tried deleting 2 registry keys as instructed on the microsoft website, still doesn't work. on my bios usb mouse is enabled. What should i DO?

More about : usb mouse working

May 8, 2009 4:50:38 AM

i think you should only plug something in the usb port with the system powered down plug it in
Description: Razer DeathAdder New firmware update (Razer DeathAdder firmware version v1.25**) which addresses compatibility issues for all Razer DeathAdder mice. Supported Operating System for Driver Supported Languages

http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=v...
get the newer driver there too good luck ?
May 8, 2009 5:12:06 AM

USB is hot swappable, it's the PS/2 port that is not.
Related resources
May 8, 2009 10:42:08 AM

thanks
May 8, 2009 2:13:30 PM

i have the latest firmware version and program version.
On the hardware manager, the razer deathadder is detected but when i move it, it doesn't track.
Any Ideas?
May 8, 2009 2:15:25 PM

RMA it?
May 8, 2009 2:29:14 PM

Try a different USB port.
May 8, 2009 2:32:24 PM

I would think about RMA it too, but if another mouse doesn't work on your system, then it is most likely your system.

Have you try the mouse with another computer? BTW, no need to install driver to test it, it should track just right without it.

If it's working in another computer, I would try to boot from a Linux-CD to see if it works. If it works there, it is probably your Windows, if not, somethings wrong with the hardware of your system (maybe a short in the USB, a front panel badly connected, etc)
May 8, 2009 2:37:11 PM

Check if it shows properly installed in Device manager.
May 8, 2009 4:16:33 PM

It does show on the device manager and there is no exclamation mark, i will try it on my laptop when i get home. ill return if it is not working
May 8, 2009 10:45:39 PM

Did you install the driver from the CD?
May 8, 2009 11:39:35 PM

yep, i did try the latest one (1.09) and it has the latest firmware driver. Also it is suppose to work without the driver as well.
May 8, 2009 11:45:35 PM

Do other USB devices like a flash drive work in the system.
May 8, 2009 11:51:03 PM

I think I would ask Razer support what they thought, send an email to support. In the meantime while you are waiting for their response, uninstall the driver and boot in to Safe Mode and install the driver. Also try defaulting the BIOS. If no worky, perhaps enable hi speed USB if there is an option.
May 9, 2009 2:32:30 AM

the other usb work fine with my ipod and printer. Also i already tried installing in safe mode. I tried hooking up the deathadder on laptop running vista, and the find new hardware thing comes and up and the mouse works fine. Also i think the problem is xp related, xp first install some simple drivers so tat the mouse will work i think.. . After the driver wizard comes up, i just click the recommended one, then it installs something in system32/drivers. it evens say ur device is working properly etc. etc.
June 28, 2009 8:47:35 PM

I HAVE AN GIGABYTE 945 GZME -RH MOTHER BOARD AND 9600 GT HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS DAVID 8115 ,AND ONE OF MY FRIEND ALSO HAVING SAME PROBLEM WITH 260 FROM XFX. I HAVE A MICROSOFT MOUSE AND MY FRIEND HAS A LOGITECH MOUSE.
ALL OTHER USB DEVICES ARE WORKING EXCEPT THE MOUSE.
!