Mushkin DDR2 4096MB (2048MBx2) 800Mhz CL 4-4-4-12 XP Gold
Antec Three Hundred
Corsair CMPSU-400CX 400W
Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD4770 512Mb DDR5

is Corasir's 400W PSU is enough for me?
How's Antec 300??

thank you.

Gal.

Should be allright unless you overclock, add on or upgrade. OCing the CPU, adding any hardware to to draw from the 12v like HD's, optical drives, etc. or upgrading to a more power needy video card would require more 12v power with each addition. I have a very similiar micro build and use the Antec 550w modular. I overclock, plan to add HD's and a larger video card. I'm not worried. Nice computer.

mi1ez

Splendid
Antec 300's a nice case to work with. Very good cooling for the size.

I think I'd be tempted to go slightly bigger on the PSU. The Corsair HX520 is their lowest wattage PSU with 2 dedicated PCIe power connectors. I'd be happier with this one than using the molex adapters.

In fact. I have this PSU. OCd Q6600@3.6 and a 4870. $GB RAM. 3x HDD. It's never even blinked!

hefox

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
You should be careful because right now you are pretty close to 400W. If you want to buy a power supply, you should buy something like 530 W at least. This way you will have some room to add new devices also it will be good for future upgrades.
Antec 300 is a decent case with a good airflow and the most important at really good price.

theAnimal

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

As I said before, only if you'll spend the majority of the time that the system is turned on with a considerable load such as gaming. If you buy a PSU based on maximum load being at 50% of the PSU capability, then the idle will usually be relatively inefficient (ie below 20% PSU load). It's best to try to aim for 65-70% load which will keep you near the top of the efficiency curve.

theAnimal - OK. I was thinking somewhere around 75% load would be practical. It's difficult to give a fairly accurate recommendation when the posters do not indicate whether or nor not they are hardcore gamers into serious overclocking or whether they plan on future upgrades. In the past couple of weeks we've only had two posters who actually indicated they overclock and provided actual overclock figures.

I am tempted to simply recommend a high quality 500 watt power supply because a really good one can handle any single video card made and a high quality 750 watt power supply for most dual video card configurations. It sure would make recommendations a lot simpler. Seems to me it would work if the price is right.