this , I had failure to eliminate this message from screen when boot my PC. Is
there anyone that could tell which one may be the first or second cause, Mobo
or HDrive?

How can be tested?

Thanks a lot.

Pedro.

More about : npt data change hangs

May 8, 2009 2:24:21 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Tom's Hardware Forum related to section CPU & Components by Justinblue
a b à CPUs
May 8, 2009 2:28:54 PM

Try unplugging the hard drive and see if the system will start up and loadup system BIOS. If not, you may consider taking it to a local shop and having a tech look at it.
May 31, 2011 11:24:27 PM

I've had the same problem twice, both times after the system crashed for no apparent reason. The first time i tried to reboot several times, but only the next day the computer came back to normal. Before turning it on I made sure the sata cables were firmly connected, but being the computer turned off for several hours seemed more to be the solution.

The second time, after trying the above without success, i went to the setup and disabled the option "cool&quiet", which didn't solve the problem. I still left it that way, cause i read somewhere it slowed the cpu down significantly. Then, I enabled "enable writing block protection" (or something like that), rebooted, and it worked. So far, the Windows crashes also stopped.
!