Sign in with
Your question

Rattling sound - Please help

Last response: in Components
May 8, 2009 8:47:31 PM

Hi, I don't know what is causing this, and its insanely annoying.

The sound is coming around the PSU area, which is at the top of this case. http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_details.php?cPath=...

I at first thought it was one of the bearings inside my PSU fan, but I had a brand new one RMAd, and it's still doing it. I've also checked both my heatsink fan, and my video card's fans, both of them are not causing it. I've remounted my PSU twice, and I've taken out the heat sink/fan to check and make sure I installed it right, and its not that either.

Any suggestions?

More about : rattling sound

May 8, 2009 10:33:39 PM

If you have a support bar under your PSU check that, make sure it is tight and the PSU is resting on it all the way.
May 9, 2009 9:09:13 AM

try isolating the noise. Run the computer with the PSU outside the case to see if that's the noisemaker. It sounds lke a case fan vibrating on its mounts.
Related resources
May 9, 2009 2:36:28 PM

If its a cheap case it could be the side panel rattleing.
May 9, 2009 4:00:37 PM

hundredislandsboy said:
try isolating the noise. Run the computer with the PSU outside the case to see if that's the noisemaker. It sounds lke a case fan vibrating on its mounts.

Its not a fan because I've stopped them all while the noise is going on. And I don't know if you considered $60 cases cheap, but its pretty strong and has strong steel.
May 9, 2009 9:18:10 PM

No offense but I bought an $89.00 case for the kids and I considered it cheap.
!