Blast! desperately need help sorting out my hdmi cord with gpu problem

maverick7

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
yes i know this doesnt belong here but i really need an answer. I have a 9800gx2 and i finally forked out the money on an hdmi cable. So i attached it to the gpu and then my monitor (on my monitor it says hdmi/dvi for the port). Only after i completely removed the original regular cable did a picture show up. So i went to input on my monitor switched it to hdmi and it 'worked'.

I got picture however if anyone still has a crt monitor, or remembers how they work you had to play with the screen for the picture to fit. It has done the same thing here - when i go to 1920x1200 half of the screen moves to the left. now i cant help but thinking that that shouldnt be doing that.. is there something wrong or what>?

also imo everything looks worse and definitely less clear than when i had the other cables attached.. sigh :(

*btw the only way i was able to post this was by going down to a lower resolution.

maverick7

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
so apparently i can adjust it in the nvidea control panel but it never fills the entire screen and it looks FAR worse.... than when i had the other regular cables attached... wtf is that bs, utter fail

maverick7

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
*** ing hdmi cable and i cant bloody use it... fml

*wow wtf it completely edited my message.. fail.... FUUUUUU this site has gone from good to shiat since iv been gone.. bleh..

anyways retyping what i said... when using the hdmi cable, apparently the highest resolution i can use with it is 17xx by 13xx. where as when using the other regular cables that came with the monitor i get a nice crystal clear 1920x1200.

TRENDING THREADS