Sorry all!!!

Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days. Sorry if I
have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that way,
lol.
I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as in
'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til time
to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a possible
bone marrow test next month :(
I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in it
feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel dumb...........not a
normal feeling for me :(

Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in the
future :P

--
http://www.silvernblue.com/

"Life is what happens when you are busy
doing other things" - John Lennon
35 answers Last reply
More about sorry

    > Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
    > Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days.
    > Sorry if I
    > have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that
    > way,
    > lol.
    > I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as
    > in
    > 'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til
    > time
    > to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
    > Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count
    > was
    > down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a
    > possible
    > bone marrow test next month :(
    > I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in
    > it
    > feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel
    > dumb...........not a
    > normal feeling for me :(
    >
    > Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say
    > in the
    > future :P
    >

    > --
    > http://www.silvernblue.com/
    >
    > "Life is what happens when you are busy
    > doing other things" - John Lennon

    I'm sorry you have been feeling bad, good that you went to the doctor.
    But really,
    Bluegenie2, I've not noticed what you've described. You've been nice and
    you sure
    haven't come across as being stupid or acting blonde IMHO. :) I enjoy
    your posts!!!

    ........B

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
    > Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days. Sorry if I
    > have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that way,
    > lol.
    > I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as in
    > 'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til time
    > to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
    > Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
    > down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a possible
    > bone marrow test next month :(
    > I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in it
    > feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel dumb...........not a
    > normal feeling for me :(
    >
    > Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in the
    > future :P

    Take some b12 too if you can tolerate it. Hope you feel better soon.

    -georg

    Bluegenie2 wrote:

    > Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
    > down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a possible
    > bone marrow test next month :(

    Yipes!! Please keep us posted. I'll have my fingers crossed for you.
    (I won't say I'll be praying for you since I'm an agnostic.)

    Stay well and do keep in touch.

    --
    --Cuth

    > Bluegenie2 wrote:
    >
    > > Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
    > > down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a
    possible
    > > bone marrow test next month :(
    >
    > Yipes!! Please keep us posted. I'll have my fingers crossed for you.
    > (I won't say I'll be praying for you since I'm an agnostic.)
    >
    > Stay well and do keep in touch.
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth

    Agnostic or just plain atheist??
    Just curious :)

    You're always so witty and sweet Bluegenie, anemic or not. I hope you'll get
    well soon.
    Did your doctor say what caused your low hemoglobin count? *usually* when
    both hemoglobin and iron are down there is a possibility of unnoticed blood
    loss rather than bone marrow problems...
    Let us know...best, best wishes
    Smeraldina

    "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
    > Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days. Sorry if
    > have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that way,
    > lol.
    > I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as in
    > 'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til
    time
    > to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
    > Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
    > down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a possible
    > bone marrow test next month :(
    > I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in it
    > feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel dumb...........not
    > normal feeling for me :(
    >
    > Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in
    the
    > future :P
    >

    > --
    > http://www.silvernblue.com/
    >
    > "Life is what happens when you are busy
    > doing other things" - John Lennon

    Back in november, I was found to be anemic.............I was running on
    'half a tank' so to speak, lol. My blood count was about half of what it
    should have been. Anyway, I got 2 pnts of blood (red blood cells) and a
    couple of days in the hospital and a week off work. It's been climbing back
    toward normal since then, til now anyway.

    "Smeraldina" <smeraldina@despammed.com> wrote in message
    > You're always so witty and sweet Bluegenie, anemic or not. I hope you'll
    get
    > well soon.
    > Did your doctor say what caused your low hemoglobin count? *usually* when
    > both hemoglobin and iron are down there is a possibility of unnoticed
    blood
    > loss rather than bone marrow problems...
    > Let us know...best, best wishes
    > Smeraldina
    >

    > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > > Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
    > > Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days. Sorry
    if
    > > have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that
    way,
    > > lol.
    > > I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as in
    > > 'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til
    > time
    > > to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
    > > Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
    > > down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a
    possible
    > > bone marrow test next month :(
    > > I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in it
    > > feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel
    dumb...........not
    > > normal feeling for me :(
    > >
    > > Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in
    > the
    > > future :P
    > >

    > > --
    > > http://www.silvernblue.com/
    > >
    > > "Life is what happens when you are busy
    > > doing other things" - John Lennon

    I haven't noticed anything blonde BG2 - and I am one so I should recognise
    it ;') - but I hope you feel better soon.

    MM
    fingers crossed

    > Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
    > Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days. Sorry if
    > have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that way,
    > lol.
    > I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as in
    > 'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til
    time
    > to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
    > Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
    > down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a possible
    > bone marrow test next month :(
    > I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in it
    > feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel dumb...........not
    > normal feeling for me :(
    >
    > Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in
    the
    > future :P
    >

    > --
    > http://www.silvernblue.com/
    >
    > "Life is what happens when you are busy
    > doing other things" - John Lennon

    Sorry you're not feeling well but your posts have been fine and informative
    as usual.
    Get well... FEEL well Soon!
    Sage
    > Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
    > Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days. Sorry if
    > have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that way,
    > lol.
    > I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as in
    > 'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til
    > time
    > to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
    > Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
    > down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a possible
    > bone marrow test next month :(
    > I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in it
    > feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel dumb...........not
    > normal feeling for me :(
    >
    > Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in
    > the
    > future :P
    >

    > --
    > http://www.silvernblue.com/
    >
    > "Life is what happens when you are busy
    > doing other things" - John Lennon

    Bluegenie2 waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
    (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
    > Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say
    > in the future :P

    No need to apologize. We all have our "blond moments", although for me
    they're "senior moments".

    In any case, get better soon. Low hemo/iron? Could you have an ulcer?

    --
    --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
    Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)

    Nope no ulcer, in fact they really do not know what it is or what caused the
    low-blood to begin with back in november. Personally I think it is stress
    related...........good ol walmart stress.

    "Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Bluegenie2 waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
    > (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
    > > Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say
    > > in the future :P
    >
    > No need to apologize. We all have our "blond moments", although for me
    > they're "senior moments".
    >
    > In any case, get better soon. Low hemo/iron? Could you have an ulcer?
    >
    > --
    > --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
    > Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
    > "The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
    > "The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
    > Mwahahaha!

    My thoughts are with you, BG. I hope it's something easily treatable.

    Chris

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
    > Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days. Sorry if I
    > have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that way,
    > lol.
    > I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as in
    > 'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til time
    > to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
    > Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
    > down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a possible
    > bone marrow test next month :(
    > I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in it
    > feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel dumb...........not a
    > normal feeling for me :(
    >
    > Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in the
    > future :P

    ===
    Gee, that's rough! I am sorry :( I will say a prayer for you.

    Stupid question BG2 - how much green vegetables do you eat, and do you ever
    have a problem with eating gluten (wheat, etc)? You may just have a problem
    absorbing iron from your natural food. My sister does and was on iron
    tablets for years until a naturopath put her on a proscribed diet (a list of
    things she couldn't eat).

    MM

    > Nope no ulcer, in fact they really do not know what it is or what caused
    the
    > low-blood to begin with back in november. Personally I think it is stress
    > related...........good ol walmart stress.
    >
    > "Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > Bluegenie2 waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
    > > (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
    > > > Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say
    > > > in the future :P
    > >
    > > No need to apologize. We all have our "blond moments", although for me
    > > they're "senior moments".
    > >
    > > In any case, get better soon. Low hemo/iron? Could you have an ulcer?
    > >
    > > --
    > > --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
    > > Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
    > > "The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
    > > "The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
    > > Mwahahaha!

    Welllll, my main meals are at walmart during lunch break. But, I work at
    one of the superstores, so I essentially have a grocery store to choose
    from, lol.
    Usually it's a frozen dinner of some sort, some with green veggies, some
    without. Sometimes I eat a big pretzel with cream cheese at the grill and
    on rare occasions, I eat the hot wings from the deli (but they mess with my
    tummy a bit). I used to get chicken liver and fix it from time to
    time..............but haven't done that in a while. I have some in my
    freezer, but not sure whether to trust it or not :(
    Been eating a lot of blue cheese lately, probably not that good for me, lol,
    but i love it.
    I hardly ever drink sodas anymore, mainly cranapple drink and water at work.
    I don't eat a bunch of sweets either, tho lately I have gotten on a mini
    marshmallow kick.
    It's just me here, and I rarely do real cooking......mainly microwave. I
    use paper plates, plastic silverware and paper bowls. And I am a terrible
    housekeeper..........
    Anyway, the bread I eat is Autumn Grain by Merita.....a wheat bread that
    tastes like white, lol.
    And there are a lot of foods I just cannot eat anymore due to dental probs
    :(
    There you go..............life story, lol.

    > Stupid question BG2 - how much green vegetables do you eat, and do you
    ever
    > have a problem with eating gluten (wheat, etc)? You may just have a
    problem
    > absorbing iron from your natural food. My sister does and was on iron
    > tablets for years until a naturopath put her on a proscribed diet (a list
    of
    > things she couldn't eat).
    >
    > MM

    > > Nope no ulcer, in fact they really do not know what it is or what caused
    > the
    > > low-blood to begin with back in november. Personally I think it is
    stress
    > > related...........good ol walmart stress.
    > >
    > > "Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > > Bluegenie2 waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
    > > > (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
    > > >
    > > > No need to apologize. We all have our "blond moments", although for
    me
    > > > they're "senior moments".
    > > >
    > > > In any case, get better soon. Low hemo/iron? Could you have an ulcer?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
    > > > Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
    > > > "The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
    > > > "The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
    > > > Mwahahaha!

    Feel better soon ;o)

    > Welllll, my main meals are at walmart during lunch break. But, I work at
    > one of the superstores, so I essentially have a grocery store to choose
    > from, lol.
    > Usually it's a frozen dinner of some sort, some with green veggies, some
    > without. Sometimes I eat a big pretzel with cream cheese at the grill and
    > on rare occasions, I eat the hot wings from the deli (but they mess with
    my
    > tummy a bit). I used to get chicken liver and fix it from time to
    > time..............but haven't done that in a while. I have some in my
    > freezer, but not sure whether to trust it or not :(
    > Been eating a lot of blue cheese lately, probably not that good for me,
    lol,
    > but i love it.

    Ah blue cheese - my Downfall. Hope you feel better soon.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > Bluegenie2 wrote:

    >> Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in
    >> the
    >> future :P

    Awww, we have all been there, kiddo. Have a virtual hug - and nag.

    > Take some b12 too if you can tolerate it. Hope you feel better soon.
    >
    > -georg

    I thought that!!!! I was devouring iron tabs for three blessed years before
    another doctor realised the stuff was going straight through without
    touching the sides.
    Me realising? I was too tired and too dopy to put two and two together.

    Granny - still dopy.

    > Back in november, I was found to be anemic.............I was running on
    > 'half a tank' so to speak, lol. My blood count was about half of what it
    > should have been. Anyway, I got 2 pnts of blood (red blood cells) and a
    > couple of days in the hospital and a week off work. It's been climbing
    > back
    > toward normal since then, til now anyway.

    Wow!! Innit fun? That wonderful, drag one foot after another, and spend a
    lot of time sitting staring at the wall?
    I refused transfusions and ended up having 32 iron injections, thigh-thigh,
    bum, bum, rotating, daily.. Arghhh! And 12 B12 injections, arm, arm.
    I felt like a pincushion.

    But that was years ago. I am quite normal now - Quack-quack. Buck-buck,
    backaw!!

    GCA

    I personally think you've been as intelligent and informative as always :)

    ~ jo

    http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
    > Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
    > Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days. Sorry if
    > have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that way,
    > lol.
    > I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as in
    > 'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til
    > time
    > to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
    > Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
    > down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a possible
    > bone marrow test next month :(
    > I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in it
    > feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel dumb...........not
    > normal feeling for me :(
    >
    > Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in
    > the
    > future :P
    >

    > --
    > http://www.silvernblue.com/
    >
    > "Life is what happens when you are busy
    > doing other things" - John Lennon

    I hate cheese (there's something you didn't need to know). I'm always
    jealous of people who like it, 'cause I feel like I'm missing out on some
    great pleasure! Your eating habits sound as bad as mine, but I'll tell you
    two things I know.

    1. It's not the amount of iron in your diet (ie red meat) but the beans and
    spinach and other green vegetables that have small amounts of iron in them,
    but also enhance your bodies ability to pick up and utilise the iron in them
    and the red meat you eat. The amount of iron (even straight from tablet
    form) that just passes through your body is phenomenal - as you and anyone
    sharing your bathroom will be able to attest if they've had you on a steady
    diet of iron tablets - enough said.

    2. Whatever my sister has is somehow similar/related to Coeliac (?)
    (see-lee-aks) disease - her ability to pick up certain nutrients from her
    food is reduced if she eats gluten and/or some of her other food product
    allergies - this includes iron, and she was anaemic for several years before
    somebody picked up on it. I know nothing about medicine, but you could try
    asking your doctor what s/he knows about Coeliac? If nothing else it could
    be another thing off of your list.

    MM

    Bluegenie2 wrote:

    > Agnostic or just plain atheist??
    > Just curious :)

    Well, atheism is itself kind of a religion, in my eyes. You're just as
    fervent that God does not exist with no more proof than those who
    blindly believe that he does.

    So, yes, agnostic, pretty much. But I don't believe in the simplistic
    God of traditional religions--you know, the angry patriarch who smites
    people, appears as various burning objects, and makes it rain snakes.

    --
    --Cuth

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

    > Bluegenie2 wrote:
    >
    >> Agnostic or just plain atheist??
    >> Just curious :)
    >

    > Well, atheism is itself kind of a religion, in my eyes. You're just as
    > fervent that God does not exist with no more proof than those who
    > blindly believe that he does.
    >
    > So, yes, agnostic, pretty much. But I don't believe in the simplistic
    > God of traditional religions--you know, the angry patriarch who smites
    > people, appears as various burning objects, and makes it rain snakes.

    I consider myself a Theist. It's easy to belive in God. It's the other
    trappings that are rough to swallow.

    -georg

    ooo - I don't know about. How can a non-belief be the same as a belief? I
    think I can see what you're trying to say but most atheists I know don't
    care all that much - except that they don't like religious belief and
    practice rammed down their throats. And I suppose that's an issue of
    personal freedom. You make it sound as if atheists have made some sort of
    vow to be non-religious but I would speculate that it's more of a
    non-engagement with (or absence of) the tendency to religious feeling that
    you see in religious people than an absolute commitment to non-belief. Mind
    you, it's likely the reality is far more complex than that, there are bound
    to be atheists of various stripes. But I still don't really get your basic
    idea - how can you believe in non-belief? I mean, there's nothing there to
    believe in.

    mmmm
    Best wishes
    Maxon

    On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Maxon wrote:
    > ooo - I don't know about. How can a non-belief be the same as a belief?

    Atheism isn't the non-belief in (G|g)od(s) - it's the belief that there is
    no such thing.

    > I think I can see what you're trying to say but most atheists I know don't
    > care all that much - except that they don't like religious belief and
    > practice rammed down their throats.

    You're thinking of agnostics.

    Maxon wrote:

    > ooo - I don't know about. How can a non-belief be the same as a belief? I
    > think I can see what you're trying to say but most atheists I know don't
    > care all that much - except that they don't like religious belief and
    > practice rammed down their throats. And I suppose that's an issue of
    > personal freedom. You make it sound as if atheists have made some sort of
    > vow to be non-religious but I would speculate that it's more of a
    > non-engagement with (or absence of) the tendency to religious feeling that
    > you see in religious people than an absolute commitment to non-belief. Mind
    > you, it's likely the reality is far more complex than that, there are bound
    > to be atheists of various stripes. But I still don't really get your basic
    > idea - how can you believe in non-belief? I mean, there's nothing there to
    > believe in.

    My sweetie doesn't just not believe in God. He actively dislikes God. I
    try not to point out that to dislike God so vehemenently you need to
    believe that something there will care about your hatred or at least be
    a target for it. One must have a concrete idea of what God is to hate it
    so much.

    And he's firmly convinced of the nothingness of after you die. Game over.

    Logic does not work in discussing the issue. We have agreed not to
    discuss much beyond what we have already.

    My point is-- he has a firm belief in being an atheist.

    -georg

    Until last week I believed myself to be agnostic too. But then something
    happened that felt like a big helping hand............and I've 'felt'
    different since. Not sure if it will stick or not, but it feels kind of
    good :)

    > Bluegenie2 wrote:
    >
    > > Agnostic or just plain atheist??
    > > Just curious :)
    >
    > Well, atheism is itself kind of a religion, in my eyes. You're just as
    > fervent that God does not exist with no more proof than those who
    > blindly believe that he does.
    >
    > So, yes, agnostic, pretty much. But I don't believe in the simplistic
    > God of traditional religions--you know, the angry patriarch who smites
    > people, appears as various burning objects, and makes it rain snakes.
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth

    No, agnosticism is the uncertainty about whether God exists or not - in
    other words it allows for the existence of god(s). Agnostics can be quite
    'religious' in a broader understanding of the sense of the word (try the
    site Agnostics Anonymous for example). Agnostics, in fact, care very much
    about the existence or non-existence of God. Atheism is a rationalist
    system based on the idea of seeing the world in a materialist sense
    (everything you see is what you get - something like that) - in other words
    it's a positivist view of the world rather than formed from the negative one
    you suggest. However, there is, as far as I can tell, some variety in the
    atheist position from people who are dogmatic about religion and their
    opposition to it (though it's more usually the practice of religion than the
    nature of religious belief they are opposed to) to people who can't
    understand the argument because they have no religious feelings whatsoever
    and the argument seems specious.

    Personally, I don't ascribe to either as I see both positions as irrelevant
    to differing degrees. I usually say 'I'm not religious' when people want me
    to do something otherwise, on a personal level, it just doesn't exist for me
    (religion that is), though clearly it exists as a cultural phenomenon. And
    look at all the trouble that causes.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Joseph William Dixon" <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Maxon wrote:
    > > ooo - I don't know about. How can a non-belief be the same as a belief?
    >
    > Atheism isn't the non-belief in (G|g)od(s) - it's the belief that there
    is
    > no such thing.
    >
    > > I think I can see what you're trying to say but most atheists I know
    don't
    > > care all that much - except that they don't like religious belief and
    > > practice rammed down their throats.
    >
    > You're thinking of agnostics.
    >
    > --
    > "...there are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that
    cannot
    > easily be duplicated by a normal, kindly family man who just comes into
    > work every day and has a job to do." [Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"]
    > http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa343/index.html

    Sometimes I think I take things in movies too seriously, but something taken
    from the movie 'Corrina, Corrina' makes a heck of a lot of sense to me.
    The father (an atheist) tells his daughter that angels and heaven are just
    something people made up to make themselves feel better. The little girl
    asks 'what's wrong with that?'
    Guess that is how I feel about it.............it's a personal issue, and in
    my opinion, you should not be pushing your beliefs on others.
    I may not understand how you feel, but I am not going to try and make you
    change your mind or convince you otherwise. Plus by listening to you, I may
    learn stuff too :)

    "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > No, agnosticism is the uncertainty about whether God exists or not - in
    > other words it allows for the existence of god(s). Agnostics can be quite
    > 'religious' in a broader understanding of the sense of the word (try the
    > site Agnostics Anonymous for example). Agnostics, in fact, care very much
    > about the existence or non-existence of God. Atheism is a rationalist
    > system based on the idea of seeing the world in a materialist sense
    > (everything you see is what you get - something like that) - in other
    words
    > it's a positivist view of the world rather than formed from the negative
    one
    > you suggest. However, there is, as far as I can tell, some variety in the
    > atheist position from people who are dogmatic about religion and their
    > opposition to it (though it's more usually the practice of religion than
    the
    > nature of religious belief they are opposed to) to people who can't
    > understand the argument because they have no religious feelings whatsoever
    > and the argument seems specious.
    >
    > Personally, I don't ascribe to either as I see both positions as
    irrelevant
    > to differing degrees. I usually say 'I'm not religious' when people want
    me
    > to do something otherwise, on a personal level, it just doesn't exist for
    me
    > (religion that is), though clearly it exists as a cultural phenomenon.
    And
    > look at all the trouble that causes.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >

    > "Joseph William Dixon" <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message

    > > On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Maxon wrote:
    > > > ooo - I don't know about. How can a non-belief be the same as a
    belief?

    > > Atheism isn't the non-belief in (G|g)od(s) - it's the belief that
    there
    > is
    > > no such thing.
    > >
    > > > I think I can see what you're trying to say but most atheists I know
    > don't
    > > > care all that much - except that they don't like religious belief and
    > > > practice rammed down their throats.
    > >
    > > You're thinking of agnostics.
    > >
    > > --
    > > "...there are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that
    > cannot
    > > easily be duplicated by a normal, kindly family man who just comes into
    > > work every day and has a job to do." [Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"]
    > > http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa343/index.html

    Yes, I think you hit the nail on the head there - it IS a personal issue. I
    think that's a great quote, BTW - I've not seen that film. I don't think I
    am pushing my beliefs on others here - I can't see how I am supposed to be
    doing that. I'm sorry is that what you are saying or are you just making a
    general statement? I thought I was just trying to explain what I understood
    was the difference between atheists and agnostics. I have no personal
    opinions on religion at all really - because I have no religious feelings.
    The only thing I do think is people shouldn't resort to violence over
    religion which seems to be a very common action everywhere. It always
    surprises me that people react so aggressively to this subject.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > Sometimes I think I take things in movies too seriously, but something
    taken
    > from the movie 'Corrina, Corrina' makes a heck of a lot of sense to me.
    > The father (an atheist) tells his daughter that angels and heaven are just
    > something people made up to make themselves feel better. The little girl
    > asks 'what's wrong with that?'
    > Guess that is how I feel about it.............it's a personal issue, and
    in
    > my opinion, you should not be pushing your beliefs on others.
    > I may not understand how you feel, but I am not going to try and make you
    > change your mind or convince you otherwise. Plus by listening to you, I
    may
    > learn stuff too :)
    >
    > "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > No, agnosticism is the uncertainty about whether God exists or not - in
    > > other words it allows for the existence of god(s). Agnostics can be
    quite
    > > 'religious' in a broader understanding of the sense of the word (try the
    > > site Agnostics Anonymous for example). Agnostics, in fact, care very
    much
    > > about the existence or non-existence of God. Atheism is a rationalist
    > > system based on the idea of seeing the world in a materialist sense
    > > (everything you see is what you get - something like that) - in other
    > words
    > > it's a positivist view of the world rather than formed from the negative
    > one
    > > you suggest. However, there is, as far as I can tell, some variety in
    the
    > > atheist position from people who are dogmatic about religion and their
    > > opposition to it (though it's more usually the practice of religion than
    > the
    > > nature of religious belief they are opposed to) to people who can't
    > > understand the argument because they have no religious feelings
    whatsoever
    > > and the argument seems specious.
    > >
    > > Personally, I don't ascribe to either as I see both positions as
    > irrelevant
    > > to differing degrees. I usually say 'I'm not religious' when people
    want
    > me
    > > to do something otherwise, on a personal level, it just doesn't exist
    for
    > me
    > > (religion that is), though clearly it exists as a cultural phenomenon.
    > And
    > > look at all the trouble that causes.
    > >
    > > Best wishes
    > > Maxon

    I was using a general 'you', not meaning you specifically :)
    You are not pushing at all, I understood what you meant.

    On another note the film is a good one, Whoopi Goldberg and Ray Liotta,
    takes place in the 50s I think..........could be considered to be
    controversial in some people's opinions.

> [...]
    > > > atheist position from people who are dogmatic about religion and their
    > > > opposition to it (though it's more usually the practice of religion
    than
    > > the
    > > > nature of religious belief they are opposed to) to people who can't
    > > > understand the argument because they have no religious feelings
    > whatsoever
    > > > and the argument seems specious.
    > > >
    > > > Personally, I don't ascribe to either as I see both positions as
    > > irrelevant
    > > > to differing degrees. I usually say 'I'm not religious' when people
    > want
    > > me
    > > > to do something otherwise, on a personal level, it just doesn't exist
    > for
    > > me
    > > > (religion that is), though clearly it exists as a cultural phenomenon.

    OK - thanks BG. Is that the film where she looks after his kids and he -
    what - falls in love with her? So, it's exploring the issue of
    mixed-marriages. That would be controversial in the 50s - are you saying
    it's still controversial? Anyway, next time it's on, I'll take the trouble
    to watch. I think it was on the TV here a couple of weeks back so I don't
    suppose it'll turn up again for a bit.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Maxon wrote:
    > OK - thanks BG. Is that the film where she looks after his kids and he -
    > what - falls in love with her? So, it's exploring the issue of
    > mixed-marriages. That would be controversial in the 50s - are you saying
    > it's still controversial? Anyway, next time it's on, I'll take the trouble
    > to watch. I think it was on the TV here a couple of weeks back so I don't
    > suppose it'll turn up again for a bit.

    It is still controversial depending on your neighborhood and family.

    -georg

    mmm - in the States you mean? Kind of depressing really. I suppose it can
    be like that over here too - I live in a big city so we kind of don't notice
    racism so much as our communities are so mixed (great restaurants here BTW I
    think you can get just about anything!). What I mean is, mixed
    marriages/partnerships are so common no-one really notices. There's still
    racism, I'm sure. Thinking in terms of 'Us and Them' is so unproductive
    don't you think? Still, things are changing - slowly.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Maxon wrote:

    > mmm - in the States you mean? Kind of depressing really. I suppose it can
    > be like that over here too - I live in a big city so we kind of don't notice
    > racism so much as our communities are so mixed (great restaurants here BTW I
    > think you can get just about anything!). What I mean is, mixed
    > marriages/partnerships are so common no-one really notices. There's still
    > racism, I'm sure. Thinking in terms of 'Us and Them' is so unproductive
    > don't you think? Still, things are changing - slowly.

    Yes, I am in the States. I see both tolerance and the hatred often. In
    some circles, it's no-big-deal. In others, holly hannah get the shotgun.
    And I'm in the North.

    Sigh. We've come a long way, but we have much much further to go.

    I like to think we're just people. But then, this is the internet. On
    the internet, nobody knows if you're a dog.

    -georg

    Woof woof.

    Sorry couldn't resist.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > Yes, I am in the States. I see both tolerance and the hatred often. In
    > some circles, it's no-big-deal. In others, holly hannah get the shotgun.
    > And I'm in the North.
    >
    > Sigh. We've come a long way, but we have much much further to go.
    >
    > I like to think we're just people. But then, this is the internet. On
    > the internet, nobody knows if you're a dog.
    >
    > -georg

Video Games