Sorry all!!!

Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days. Sorry if I
have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that way,
lol.
I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as in
'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til time
to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a possible
bone marrow test next month :(
I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in it
feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel dumb...........not a
normal feeling for me :(

Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in the
future :p

--
http://www.silvernblue.com/

"Life is what happens when you are busy
doing other things" - John Lennon

> Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
> Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days.
> Sorry if I
> have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that
> way,
> lol.
> I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as
> in
> 'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til
> time
> to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
> Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count
> was
> down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a
> possible
> bone marrow test next month :(
> I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in
> it
> feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel
> dumb...........not a
> normal feeling for me :(
>
> Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say
> in the
> future :p
>

> --
> http://www.silvernblue.com/
>
> "Life is what happens when you are busy
> doing other things" - John Lennon

I'm sorry you have been feeling bad, good that you went to the doctor.
But really,
Bluegenie2, I've not noticed what you've described. You've been nice and
you sure
haven't come across as being stupid or acting blonde IMHO. :) I enjoy
your posts!!!

........B

Bluegenie2 wrote:
> Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
> Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days. Sorry if I
> have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that way,
> lol.
> I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as in
> 'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til time
> to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
> Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
> down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a possible
> bone marrow test next month :(
> I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in it
> feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel dumb...........not a
> normal feeling for me :(
>
> Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in the
> future :p

Take some b12 too if you can tolerate it. Hope you feel better soon.

-georg

Bluegenie2 wrote:

> Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
> down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a possible
> bone marrow test next month :(

Yipes!! Please keep us posted. I'll have my fingers crossed for you.
(I won't say I'll be praying for you since I'm an agnostic.)

Stay well and do keep in touch.

--
--Cuth

> Bluegenie2 wrote:
>
> > Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
> > down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a
possible
> > bone marrow test next month :(
>
> Yipes!! Please keep us posted. I'll have my fingers crossed for you.
> (I won't say I'll be praying for you since I'm an agnostic.)
>
> Stay well and do keep in touch.
>
> --
> --Cuth

Agnostic or just plain atheist??
Just curious :)

You're always so witty and sweet Bluegenie, anemic or not. I hope you'll get
well soon.
Did your doctor say what caused your low hemoglobin count? *usually* when
both hemoglobin and iron are down there is a possibility of unnoticed blood
loss rather than bone marrow problems...
Let us know...best, best wishes
Smeraldina

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
> Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days. Sorry if
> have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that way,
> lol.
> I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as in
> 'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til
time
> to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
> Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
> down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a possible
> bone marrow test next month :(
> I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in it
> feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel dumb...........not
> normal feeling for me :(
>
> Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in
the
> future :p
>

> --
> http://www.silvernblue.com/
>
> "Life is what happens when you are busy
> doing other things" - John Lennon

Back in november, I was found to be anemic.............I was running on
'half a tank' so to speak, lol. My blood count was about half of what it
should have been. Anyway, I got 2 pnts of blood (red blood cells) and a
couple of days in the hospital and a week off work. It's been climbing back
toward normal since then, til now anyway.

"Smeraldina" <smeraldina@despammed.com> wrote in message
> You're always so witty and sweet Bluegenie, anemic or not. I hope you'll
get
> well soon.
> Did your doctor say what caused your low hemoglobin count? *usually* when
> both hemoglobin and iron are down there is a possibility of unnoticed
blood
> loss rather than bone marrow problems...
> Let us know...best, best wishes
> Smeraldina
>

> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> > Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
> > Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days. Sorry
if
> > have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that
way,
> > lol.
> > I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as in
> > 'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til
> time
> > to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
> > Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
> > down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a
possible
> > bone marrow test next month :(
> > I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in it
> > feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel
dumb...........not
> > normal feeling for me :(
> >
> > Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in
> the
> > future :p
> >

> > --
> > http://www.silvernblue.com/
> >
> > "Life is what happens when you are busy
> > doing other things" - John Lennon

I haven't noticed anything blonde BG2 - and I am one so I should recognise
it ;') - but I hope you feel better soon.

MM
fingers crossed

> Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
> Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days. Sorry if
> have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that way,
> lol.
> I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as in
> 'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til
time
> to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
> Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
> down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a possible
> bone marrow test next month :(
> I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in it
> feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel dumb...........not
> normal feeling for me :(
>
> Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in
the
> future :p
>

> --
> http://www.silvernblue.com/
>
> "Life is what happens when you are busy
> doing other things" - John Lennon

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

Sorry you're not feeling well but your posts have been fine and informative
as usual.
Get well... FEEL well Soon!
Sage
> Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
> Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days. Sorry if
> have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that way,
> lol.
> I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as in
> 'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til
> time
> to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
> Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
> down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a possible
> bone marrow test next month :(
> I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in it
> feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel dumb...........not
> normal feeling for me :(
>
> Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in
> the
> future :p
>

> --
> http://www.silvernblue.com/
>
> "Life is what happens when you are busy
> doing other things" - John Lennon

Bluegenie2 waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
(OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
> Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say
> in the future :p

No need to apologize. We all have our "blond moments", although for me
they're "senior moments".

In any case, get better soon. Low hemo/iron? Could you have an ulcer?

--
--- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)

Nope no ulcer, in fact they really do not know what it is or what caused the
low-blood to begin with back in november. Personally I think it is stress
related...........good ol walmart stress.

"Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> wrote in message
> Bluegenie2 waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
> (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
> > Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say
> > in the future :p
>
> No need to apologize. We all have our "blond moments", although for me
> they're "senior moments".
>
> In any case, get better soon. Low hemo/iron? Could you have an ulcer?
>
> --
> --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
> Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
> "The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
> "The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
> Mwahahaha!

My thoughts are with you, BG. I hope it's something easily treatable.

Chris

Bluegenie2 wrote:
> Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
> Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days. Sorry if I
> have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that way,
> lol.
> I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as in
> 'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til time
> to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
> Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
> down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a possible
> bone marrow test next month :(
> I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in it
> feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel dumb...........not a
> normal feeling for me :(
>
> Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in the
> future :p

===
Gee, that's rough! I am sorry :( I will say a prayer for you.

Stupid question BG2 - how much green vegetables do you eat, and do you ever
have a problem with eating gluten (wheat, etc)? You may just have a problem
absorbing iron from your natural food. My sister does and was on iron
tablets for years until a naturopath put her on a proscribed diet (a list of
things she couldn't eat).

MM

> Nope no ulcer, in fact they really do not know what it is or what caused
the
> low-blood to begin with back in november. Personally I think it is stress
> related...........good ol walmart stress.
>
> "Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> wrote in message
> > Bluegenie2 waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
> > (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
> > > Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say
> > > in the future :p
> >
> > No need to apologize. We all have our "blond moments", although for me
> > they're "senior moments".
> >
> > In any case, get better soon. Low hemo/iron? Could you have an ulcer?
> >
> > --
> > --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
> > Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
> > "The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
> > "The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
> > Mwahahaha!

Welllll, my main meals are at walmart during lunch break. But, I work at
one of the superstores, so I essentially have a grocery store to choose
from, lol.
Usually it's a frozen dinner of some sort, some with green veggies, some
without. Sometimes I eat a big pretzel with cream cheese at the grill and
on rare occasions, I eat the hot wings from the deli (but they mess with my
tummy a bit). I used to get chicken liver and fix it from time to
time..............but haven't done that in a while. I have some in my
freezer, but not sure whether to trust it or not :(
Been eating a lot of blue cheese lately, probably not that good for me, lol,
but i love it.
I hardly ever drink sodas anymore, mainly cranapple drink and water at work.
I don't eat a bunch of sweets either, tho lately I have gotten on a mini
marshmallow kick.
It's just me here, and I rarely do real cooking......mainly microwave. I
use paper plates, plastic silverware and paper bowls. And I am a terrible
housekeeper..........
Anyway, the bread I eat is Autumn Grain by Merita.....a wheat bread that
tastes like white, lol.
And there are a lot of foods I just cannot eat anymore due to dental probs
:(
There you go..............life story, lol.

> Stupid question BG2 - how much green vegetables do you eat, and do you
ever
> have a problem with eating gluten (wheat, etc)? You may just have a
problem
> absorbing iron from your natural food. My sister does and was on iron
> tablets for years until a naturopath put her on a proscribed diet (a list
of
> things she couldn't eat).
>
> MM

> > Nope no ulcer, in fact they really do not know what it is or what caused
> the
> > low-blood to begin with back in november. Personally I think it is
stress
> > related...........good ol walmart stress.
> >
> > "Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> wrote in message
> > > Bluegenie2 waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
> > > (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
> > >
> > > No need to apologize. We all have our "blond moments", although for
me
> > > they're "senior moments".
> > >
> > > In any case, get better soon. Low hemo/iron? Could you have an ulcer?
> > >
> > > --
> > > --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
> > > Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
> > > "The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
> > > "The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
> > > Mwahahaha!

Feel better soon ;o)

> Welllll, my main meals are at walmart during lunch break. But, I work at
> one of the superstores, so I essentially have a grocery store to choose
> from, lol.
> Usually it's a frozen dinner of some sort, some with green veggies, some
> without. Sometimes I eat a big pretzel with cream cheese at the grill and
> on rare occasions, I eat the hot wings from the deli (but they mess with
my
> tummy a bit). I used to get chicken liver and fix it from time to
> time..............but haven't done that in a while. I have some in my
> freezer, but not sure whether to trust it or not :(
> Been eating a lot of blue cheese lately, probably not that good for me,
lol,
> but i love it.

Ah blue cheese - my Downfall. Hope you feel better soon.

Best wishes
Maxon

> Bluegenie2 wrote:

>> Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in
>> the
>> future :p

Awww, we have all been there, kiddo. Have a virtual hug - and nag.

> Take some b12 too if you can tolerate it. Hope you feel better soon.
>
> -georg

I thought that!!!! I was devouring iron tabs for three blessed years before
another doctor realised the stuff was going straight through without
touching the sides.
Me realising? I was too tired and too dopy to put two and two together.

Granny - still dopy.

> Back in november, I was found to be anemic.............I was running on
> 'half a tank' so to speak, lol. My blood count was about half of what it
> should have been. Anyway, I got 2 pnts of blood (red blood cells) and a
> couple of days in the hospital and a week off work. It's been climbing
> back
> toward normal since then, til now anyway.

Wow!! Innit fun? That wonderful, drag one foot after another, and spend a
lot of time sitting staring at the wall?
I refused transfusions and ended up having 32 iron injections, thigh-thigh,
bum, bum, rotating, daily.. Arghhh! And 12 B12 injections, arm, arm.
I felt like a pincushion.

But that was years ago. I am quite normal now - Quack-quack. Buck-buck,
backaw!!

GCA

Jo

I personally think you've been as intelligent and informative as always :)

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
> Probably gonna get whacked for this but................
> Sorry if I have come off brash or anything in the last few days. Sorry if
> have acted stupid or dumb or 'blonde' too, as I am not normally that way,
> lol.
> I've been really really really tired the last few days.............as in
> 'come home from work and wanting to go right to bed and stay there til
> time
> to get up for work the next day' kind of tired.
> Found out today that my hemoglobin count was down and my iron count was
> down. So the doc gave me some iron pills and the 'promise' of a possible
> bone marrow test next month :(
> I've also felt rather confused the last few days too............as in it
> feels like I cannot learn how to do anything and I feel dumb...........not
> normal feeling for me :(
>
> Just wanted to apologize for anything I might have said, or will say in
> the
> future :p
>

> --
> http://www.silvernblue.com/
>
> "Life is what happens when you are busy
> doing other things" - John Lennon

I hate cheese (there's something you didn't need to know). I'm always
jealous of people who like it, 'cause I feel like I'm missing out on some
great pleasure! Your eating habits sound as bad as mine, but I'll tell you
two things I know.

1. It's not the amount of iron in your diet (ie red meat) but the beans and
spinach and other green vegetables that have small amounts of iron in them,
but also enhance your bodies ability to pick up and utilise the iron in them
and the red meat you eat. The amount of iron (even straight from tablet
form) that just passes through your body is phenomenal - as you and anyone
sharing your bathroom will be able to attest if they've had you on a steady
diet of iron tablets - enough said.

2. Whatever my sister has is somehow similar/related to Coeliac (?)
(see-lee-aks) disease - her ability to pick up certain nutrients from her
food is reduced if she eats gluten and/or some of her other food product
allergies - this includes iron, and she was anaemic for several years before
somebody picked up on it. I know nothing about medicine, but you could try
asking your doctor what s/he knows about Coeliac? If nothing else it could
be another thing off of your list.

MM

Bluegenie2 wrote:

> Agnostic or just plain atheist??
> Just curious :)

Well, atheism is itself kind of a religion, in my eyes. You're just as
fervent that God does not exist with no more proof than those who
blindly believe that he does.

So, yes, agnostic, pretty much. But I don't believe in the simplistic
God of traditional religions--you know, the angry patriarch who smites
people, appears as various burning objects, and makes it rain snakes.

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Bluegenie2 wrote:
>
>> Agnostic or just plain atheist??
>> Just curious :)
>

> Well, atheism is itself kind of a religion, in my eyes. You're just as
> fervent that God does not exist with no more proof than those who
> blindly believe that he does.
>
> So, yes, agnostic, pretty much. But I don't believe in the simplistic
> God of traditional religions--you know, the angry patriarch who smites
> people, appears as various burning objects, and makes it rain snakes.

I consider myself a Theist. It's easy to belive in God. It's the other
trappings that are rough to swallow.

-georg

ooo - I don't know about. How can a non-belief be the same as a belief? I
think I can see what you're trying to say but most atheists I know don't
care all that much - except that they don't like religious belief and
practice rammed down their throats. And I suppose that's an issue of
personal freedom. You make it sound as if atheists have made some sort of
vow to be non-religious but I would speculate that it's more of a
non-engagement with (or absence of) the tendency to religious feeling that
you see in religious people than an absolute commitment to non-belief. Mind
you, it's likely the reality is far more complex than that, there are bound
to be atheists of various stripes. But I still don't really get your basic
idea - how can you believe in non-belief? I mean, there's nothing there to
believe in.

mmmm
Best wishes
Maxon

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Maxon wrote:
> ooo - I don't know about. How can a non-belief be the same as a belief?

Atheism isn't the non-belief in (G|g)od(s) - it's the belief that there is
no such thing.

> I think I can see what you're trying to say but most atheists I know don't
> care all that much - except that they don't like religious belief and
> practice rammed down their throats.

You're thinking of agnostics.