Sarge

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2004

I have a new computer and I check my windows automatic update is gray out
is there a easy way to fix this so it works.I have XP Pro

SARGE;

If you receive a window that is grayed out, you may have already been
configured for automatic updates through a group policy.

If not............

Start | Run | Type: services.msc | OK |
Scroll down to and double click: Automatic Updates |
Startup type: Select Automatic | Apply | OK | Close Services

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:%23azO00BMEHA.3904@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
SARGE <SARGE@NOTPLACE.COM> hunted and pecked:
> I have a new computer and I check my windows automatic update is
> gray out is there a easy way to fix this so it works.I have XP Pro

Sarge

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2004

I did that and it's still gray out
> SARGE;
>
> If you receive a window that is grayed out, you may have already been
> configured for automatic updates through a group policy.
>
> If not............
>
> Start | Run | Type: services.msc | OK |
> Scroll down to and double click: Automatic Updates |
> Startup type: Select Automatic | Apply | OK | Close Services
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:%23azO00BMEHA.3904@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
> SARGE <SARGE@NOTPLACE.COM> hunted and pecked:
> > I have a new computer and I check my windows automatic update is
> > gray out is there a easy way to fix this so it works.I have XP Pro

How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3BEN-US%3B306525

How to configure automatic updates by using Group Policy or registry
settings
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;328010

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:%23Kx$UHIMEHA.1272@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
SARGE <SARGE@NOTPLACE.COM> hunted and pecked:
> I did that and it's still gray out
>> SARGE;
>>
>> If you receive a window that is grayed out, you may have already been
>> configured for automatic updates through a group policy.
>>
>> If not............
>>
>> Start | Run | Type: services.msc | OK |
>> Scroll down to and double click: Automatic Updates |
>> Startup type: Select Automatic | Apply | OK | Close Services
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:%23azO00BMEHA.3904@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
>> SARGE <SARGE@NOTPLACE.COM> hunted and pecked:
>>> I have a new computer and I check my windows automatic update is
>>> gray out is there a easy way to fix this so it works.I have XP Pro

Sarge

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2004

Ok. it works now Thank you very much for the help,Is there anyway to turn on
send errors OE6 don't work write and I have to close it and restart it to
work for some reason this is the third computer I have and OE don't work
right on any of them I try different things through news groups and it still
can't get it to work right
> How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3BEN-US%3B306525
>
> How to configure automatic updates by using Group Policy or registry
> settings
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;328010
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:%23Kx$UHIMEHA.1272@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> SARGE <SARGE@NOTPLACE.COM> hunted and pecked:
> > I did that and it's still gray out
> > "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> SARGE;
> >>
> >> If you receive a window that is grayed out, you may have already been
> >> configured for automatic updates through a group policy.
> >>
> >> If not............
> >>
> >> Start | Run | Type: services.msc | OK |
> >> Scroll down to and double click: Automatic Updates |
> >> Startup type: Select Automatic | Apply | OK | Close Services
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >> Wes
> >>
> >> In news:%23azO00BMEHA.3904@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
> >> SARGE <SARGE@NOTPLACE.COM> hunted and pecked:

You're welcome.

How do you mean OE6 doesn't work right??
Could you be more specific??

Mean time, have a look around here:
Inside OE Home
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:etRyYuJMEHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
SARGE <SARGE@NOTPLACE.COM> hunted and pecked:
> Ok. it works now Thank you very much for the help,Is there anyway to
> turn on send errors OE6 don't work write and I have to close it and
> restart it to work for some reason this is the third computer I have
> and OE don't work right on any of them I try different things through
> news groups and it still can't get it to work right
>> How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3BEN-US%3B306525
>>
>> How to configure automatic updates by using Group Policy or registry
>> settings
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;328010
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:%23Kx$UHIMEHA.1272@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>> SARGE <SARGE@NOTPLACE.COM> hunted and pecked:
>>> I did that and it's still gray out

Sarge

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2004

I've been through all those pages and more.When I click on OE it starts and
dials up my isp once online OE is froze from the start if I close it and
open it again it works find.But if I start my isp first and then OE it works
ok.I deleted identities and started all over and I try everything they told
me to do in OE news groups and they gave up and said maybe when new service
pack comes out if might have a fix in it I was wondering how it could happen
on three different machines.
> You're welcome.
>
> How do you mean OE6 doesn't work right??
> Could you be more specific??
>
> Mean time, have a look around here:
> Inside OE Home
> http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:etRyYuJMEHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
> SARGE <SARGE@NOTPLACE.COM> hunted and pecked:
> > Ok. it works now Thank you very much for the help,Is there anyway to
> > turn on send errors OE6 don't work write and I have to close it and
> > restart it to work for some reason this is the third computer I have
> > and OE don't work right on any of them I try different things through
> > news groups and it still can't get it to work right
> > "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows XP
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3BEN-US%3B306525
> >>
> >> How to configure automatic updates by using Group Policy or registry
> >> settings
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;328010
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >> Wes
> >>
> >> In news:%23Kx$UHIMEHA.1272@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> >> SARGE <SARGE@NOTPLACE.COM> hunted and pecked:

Stranger things have happened.

This sounds simple but, start your ISP first and then start OE,
like you stated. Just figure that's the way it *has* to work.
Do it that way all the time. You have to start your car before you
put it in Drive.

Keep having fun! :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:%238Gu0wNMEHA.2716@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
SARGE <SARGE@NOTPLACE.COM> hunted and pecked:
> I've been through all those pages and more.When I click on OE it
> starts and dials up my isp once online OE is froze from the start if
> I close it and open it again it works find.But if I start my isp
> first and then OE it works ok.I deleted identities and started all
> over and I try everything they told me to do in OE news groups and
> they gave up and said maybe when new service pack comes out if might
> have a fix in it I was wondering how it could happen on three
> different machines. "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote
> in message news:NEhlc.13091$Ia6.1750901@attbi_s03...
>> You're welcome.
>>
>> How do you mean OE6 doesn't work right??
>> Could you be more specific??
>>
>> Mean time, have a look around here:
>> Inside OE Home
>> http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:etRyYuJMEHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
>> SARGE <SARGE@NOTPLACE.COM> hunted and pecked:
>>> Ok. it works now Thank you very much for the help,Is there anyway to
>>> turn on send errors OE6 don't work write and I have to close it and
>>> restart it to work for some reason this is the third computer I have
>>> and OE don't work right on any of them I try different things
>>> through news groups and it still can't get it to work right

Sarge

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2004

It work the other way for three years it still works sometimes like that.