Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 5, 2009 4:05:40 PM

So,

anyone know why it is becoming increasingly difficult to find a GTX295 card around?... Last week, NewEgg had ZERO in inventory.
The odd thing is, most sites are reporting HUGE decreases in video card sales... is it simply the case that manufacturers are trying to ensure high price with low supply due to the low volume sales?

Or are there other issues with this specific card?

More about : scarcity gtx 295

a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2009 4:27:07 PM

Right now, margins are tight for companies. The 295 is a specialized card, it has specialized cores to it. It costs nVidia alot more to make this card, get the proper pieces in order. Companies like EVGA wont have alot of these, as for each one, you can have alot of other units sitting, and not selling, or selling slowly. Itll pick up, and youll see them, its just slow right now. It isnt to insure higher pricing
March 10, 2009 1:14:26 AM

I agree... took me a couple months for it to appear at any Microcenter around my way and when I saw it, I ordered it online for pickup, went into the store 30 minutes after it opened to find that someone already had tried to pick it up! They only got one in for the order that day and even on ebay it is overpriced...
It makes me feel pretty good to have a rare card that everyone wants lol!
Related resources
March 10, 2009 3:46:48 AM

I don't want a GTX 295..... PSU couldn't handle it.... and its Nvidia. It's only good to sell, if I had one.
a b U Graphics card
March 10, 2009 4:31:57 AM

Dekasav said:
I don't want a GTX 295..... PSU couldn't handle it.... and its Nvidia. It's only good to sell, if I had one.

If you buy the gtx295, you need to have a quality psu of ~700w, and ~300w for a 2nd card in sli. It's a great card, just not worth the price at the moment.
!