P5Q Pro Drive Xpert SATA Ports

JakeN

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2008
I have the P5Q Pro MB, running the E3110 and 8GB, which I like a lot. However, now I need to go beyond the normal 6 red SATA slots and am trying, unsuccessfully, to use the orange and white pair.

What needs to be done to make these (the orange and white ones) available as normal SATA ports? I can't even get the BIOS to see a disk plugged in to the orange SATA plug.

JakeN

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2008
I'm pretty sure I've already done that in the BIOS - without any useful result. (I'll check later, but I can't take the system down at the moment due due to a long ongoing backup process.)

Have you actually made it work - or are you just kibitzing based on reading the manual?

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
no I don't have that motherboard, but I do believe the engineer who wrote the manual had a pretty good idea what he was talking about.

The exact directions for half the mb questions on here are in the owners manuals, so I aim people that way so they can help themselves.

JakeN

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2008
Then I guess you've not seen the many posts on many BB's about this same topic, almost all from people like myself - who did read the manual but still could not make it work.

As a former scientist and manager of engineering groups, I can assure you that even American engineers are often piss poor at documentation for end users. And going from Japanese to English typically adds one more heavy layer of ambiguity.

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
Hmm, well that doesn't sound good. If there are a bunch of scientists and engineers that can't figure it out, you could be in for a bit of trouble with it.

Best of luck to you sir.

kevinebrown1966

Distinguished
May 4, 2010

You have to install the Marvell 61xx drivers to see the other drive...you can see it from the BIOS or during Windos Install....Port 0 is part of the IDE chain