Motherboard speaker on P6T deluxe v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkong8

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Can anyone please tell me where the hook up is for the little motherboard speaker on a Asus P6T deluxe v2. I'm talking about the small internal speaker that beeps at you when power on the PC, ect...

I've been looking all over for this hookup! There is absolutely no mention in the manual either.

Thanks.

Aha, here's something I can answer!

If you look on page 2-13 of the P6T Deluxe V2 manual. item "13" describes the "System Panel Connector". If you look at the component side of the board with the CPU at the top and the back panel connector to the left, the Panel Connector is a 20-pin header in the extreme lower-right corner of the board.

On this connector, the top right-most four pins are for the speaker. From left-to-right they're +5V, Ground, Ground, Speaker. Note that they're the four TOP pins. The pins are ordered so that it really doesn't matter which way you attach the connector (since polarity isn't important for a single speaker).

kingkong8

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Nice! I see it now. Thanks, I've been looking for that forever. My first build so I guess I just glanced that over.

Status
Not open for further replies.