What graphics card to ge

Komomu

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
If I CAN'T afford a HD4850 would a 4830 be the best choice to get in the $95-$120 range ? Or should i consider a Nvidia (please say no) .

Anyway
with this setup can I run Crysis at least on medium with some form of AA

2 Gb RAM
P5LD2 Radeon Motherboard (old0
550 watt PSU
HD4830(what i want)

Please respond i want to buy soon.

Thanx.

Komomu

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009

sailer

Splendid
I agree with the others. Get the 4850. Even if you have to save money for an extra week or so, it will be worth it in the long run. Prices cuts will continue as well, so if you wait a week or two, the card may be cheaper yet.

sailer

Splendid

Very true. I've had so many rebates rejected for one reason or another that I've lost count. I never shop with rebates as a consideration. If I happen to collect a rebate, fine, but I never count on it.

Komomu

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009

I live in Jamaica so i can not buy from new egg
i have been looking at amazon but the price just increased (i was waiting for a decrease)

Komomu

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Do you think i should just get a 4870 and be done with it?
Obviously i would have to save a bit but i wouldn't have to upgrade as fast as if i bought the 4830

sailer

Splendid

In my opinion, yes. A 4870 would last you a lot longer before it would feel dated, as well as running anything you now have much better. But as I don't know how much you would have to pay, or how much longer to save up for the card, I can't give a definitive answer for you. That's something you have to decide, and no one else can do it for you.