Sign in with
Your question

5870 cooling

Last response: in Overclocking
August 21, 2010 3:12:31 AM

alright people i am loving my OCed 5870 with a 950core and 1300mem and 1.32v with stock cooling, but temps are still reaching 70c. does anyone know of a really good aftermarket cooler i can use. i do not want it too big as i plan to add another 5870 to my computer.

my 1100core and 1370mem clocks are reaching 90c and i need a better cooler.

More about : 5870 cooling

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 21, 2010 4:20:10 AM

Arctic Cooling makes some nice VGA cooling. If your concerned about cost a good cooler is : Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo Pro is good.

The Product: http://www.arctic-cooling.com/catalog/product_info.php?...

Review: http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3075/arctic_cooling_ac...

Another good product, but is a bit pricey is the Accelero Xtreme 5870.

The Product: http://www.arctic-cooling.com/catalog/product_info.php?...

Haven't found reviews but seems to be much quieter than stock cooling.
m
l
August 21, 2010 6:41:11 AM

i was looking at the twin turbo one, but from what i have seen its terrable at cooling the RAM. everything that i seen on the TT was that the stock ram cooliong was 10 and sometimes 20 degrees C lower than the TT. so that leads me to belive the Xtreme wont be much different.
also do you know any free software i could use to monitor all my GPU settings likr RAM, MEM, etc.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 21, 2010 8:01:09 AM

Umm Yes for GPU but no on the Ram and MEM, for the GPU I use Afterburner, and since you've oc'd your card i'm assuming you've already looked at that. Zalman also makes good VGA/RAM coolers so :p  you could check those out.
m
l
August 21, 2010 8:51:11 AM

yea i have been looking at some of zalmans RAM & mem coolers but my concern is whether or not is will fit under the massive cooler. and i have decided on the xtreme modle. and yes i do use afterburner.
m
l
August 21, 2010 9:50:47 AM

i think i will go with the swiftech 5870 uni-sink that they have, and the Xtreme cooler. my issue with the swiftech is will it fit under the AC Xtreme.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 21, 2010 10:00:00 AM

It looks like it will but i'm not sure, i guess you'll have to guess on that one.
m
l
August 21, 2010 10:04:04 AM

it says its .7 inch high and i am looking to see how high the AC ones are.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 21, 2010 6:18:11 PM

Wait wait wait, cry_monster, what do you mean by Swiftech unisink for the 5870? That's only meant to be coupled with their water cooling block for the GPU, I highly doubt any air cooler will fit over the top of the fins.
m
l
August 21, 2010 8:38:14 PM

jedimasterben said:
Wait wait wait, cry_monster, what do you mean by Swiftech unisink for the 5870? That's only meant to be coupled with their water cooling block for the GPU, I highly doubt any air cooler will fit over the top of the fins.

some people say it works with there air cooled system. you just have to get a aircooled system that will fit.
m
l
!