Group Policy Issues

I want to redirect special folders (My Documents, My
Pictures) to specific locations on my (Home) local
system. The "Folder Redirection" item does not appear
under "Windows Settings" I only show 3 entries; Scripts,
Security setting, and Internet Explorer Maintenance. ??

What I'd like to accomplish is when new local accounts
are created that those folder locations (My Documents, My
Pictures) are created on another drive. (To help with
back-ups & general organization)
1 answer Last reply
More about group policy issues

    Folder Redirection
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gp/310.asp

    User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Microsoft
    Management Console\Restricted/Permitted snap-ins\Group Policy

    If you enable this policy, Folder Redirection policies are permitted.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:748601c43062$81b641b0$a001280a@phx.gbl,
    SLATFATF <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I want to redirect special folders (My Documents, My
    > Pictures) to specific locations on my (Home) local
    > system. The "Folder Redirection" item does not appear
    > under "Windows Settings" I only show 3 entries; Scripts,
    > Security setting, and Internet Explorer Maintenance. ??
    >
    > What I'd like to accomplish is when new local accounts
    > are created that those folder locations (My Documents, My
    > Pictures) are created on another drive. (To help with
    > back-ups & general organization)

Configuration Policy My Documents Windows XP