Sign in with
Your question

My ps/2 port mouse is not working

Last response: in Components
May 9, 2009 5:27:16 PM

Hi, my ball mouse seems to not work. I think its my ps/2 port that is the problem. It started when i was watching a Youtube video. Then my screen froze and after a couple of sec. my keyboard and mouse can't function. I restarted my computer manually, then after the computer was rebooted my mouse didn't work what so ever. But my keyboard works fine and back to normal. Please Help me. I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

More about : port mouse working

May 10, 2009 1:23:14 AM

Hi

Try this. Navigate to the Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management. Double click on Computer Management and highlight Device Manager. Expand Mice and other pointing devices. Right click on PS/2 Compatible mouse and choose Uninstall, now reboot, the computer will automatically install newly found hardware. I am aware that you can't use your mouse so you have 2 choices, navigate the keyboard or borrow a USB mouse.
May 10, 2009 5:40:04 PM

Nope my mouse still don't work. Thanks for trying. My mouse in Named as Unknown under Other tab on Device manager. I try to reinstall it but it says that i can't install it. Weird. I appreciate you trying though. Thanks
!