Aspire One battery not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

asiwiec

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
My AA1 doesn't recognize the battery i.e. battery LED keeps blinking red but the battery icon shows: plugged in, fully charge. Only when I disconnect the mains AA1 dies instantly. Anybody had similar problem?y AA1 doesn't recognize the battery i.e. battery LED keeps blinking red but the battery icon shows: plugged in, fully charge. Only when I disconnect the mains AA1 dies instantly. Anybody had similar problem?

asiwiec

Distinguished
May 9, 2009

Thanks for help, unfortunately didn't work with my AA1.

asiwiec

Distinguished
May 9, 2009

Well, I bought this laptop last Friday but you never know how long sellers keep stuff in stores. I have already asked for replacement but wanted to make sure that the battery was really wasted.

G

I am having the same problem with my aspire one netbook...the battery icon on the left, is consistantly blinking red...it works fine when plugged into the adapter ac but refuses to turn on for me saying its charged...I have to plug it in for it to charge....i ve only had this netbook for a verrrrrry short time...

how did you get yours to work?!?!

asiwiec

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
Try booting up without battery and then plug the battery in. Let it work for a couple of minutes until the battery icon appears in the task menu. Worked for me :) It seems that the system has to 'learn' how to handle a fully discharged battery. In normal circumstances system hibernates when the battery gets below 5% so when you have a fully discharged battery system 'does not know what to do' and displays the first default information it has which is 'plugged in.... fully charged'.

californian_prejean

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
I have the same problem, and its one that plagues A LOT of Acer Aspire One users. I still dont know why people continue to buy this product. Sure its cheap, at first, but after all the repairs and replacement parts, you're suddenly spending money that couldve been used for a good laptop.

Here is something that worked for some people.

Update your bios. The battery thing is a problem that was supposedly fixed in the latest bios, 3310.

There should be more info here

http://ur411.info/acer

p.s.: updating bios didnt work for me, and yes, Acer sent me a "new" battery.
infact, they sent me a new ac adaptor a month ago too...

DONT BUY ACER

teenytinywahine

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
I had a similar issue with a blinking orange charge light and no recognition of the battery. I suspected it was because I hadn't used the netbook in a few months and the battery must have fully drained. I haven't flashed the bios to 3310 yet, but I did do as one user here suggested, and started the machine up on only AC (battery removed) and then slid the battery in once the machine was on. At first it did not appear to work as I still had only the icon indicating I was on AC power and still no recognition of the battery. After a few minutes however the charging icon came on and now its up to about 25% charged battery (and counting). I have yet to test it without the AC plugged in but I will do that once the battery is fully charged. Thanks to all the posters with the helpful advice. Seems like that did the trick.

kalos53

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
Also having this problem, does the bios thing actually work? I am worried about updating the bios if the machine will need to go back. Have tried contacting Acer and they just say to send it back to them. How did you manage to get a new battery out of them?

laurie_30

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Like many others, my Acer One netbook decided to stop charging the battery. I first tried both suggestions listed below. Nothing worked until I updated the BIOS -- and, voila, my battery is charging. . .

Did NOT work for me but others reported success with the following:
1) Power down, remove battery, make sure a/c is plugged in, power up, let run for a few minutes, insert battery, wait for battery icon to appear on taskbar. [Some suggested trying this procedure a few times if the first time is not successful.]
2) Disconnect a/c cable and remove battery, hold power button down for 2 minutes. Reconnect a/c power and insert battery. Power on.

If you choose to update the BIOS, it's actually quite simple. Just follow the directions carefully. You will need a USB flash drive. You will need to find the steps specific to your model# here: http://netbooks-us.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/bios/r_id/166/sno/1/search/1/session/L3NpZC9uMzVhSnBGag%3D%3D

Find your BIOS update here: http://support.acer.com/
+ Select Driver Downloads
+ Select Netbook
+ Select Acer One
+ Select your model# (I found mine on the back of my laptop on a sticker that also listed the serial no.)
+ Select the BIOS tab
+ Download the BIOS zip file
+ Follow instructions

Good luck. I know how frustrating this can be!

chetwynd

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009
This only applies to the Acer Aspire One Netbook Computer:

Acer Aspire one – battery not charging.
Solution: Update the bios as follows:
1. Go to www.support.acer.com
2. Click on Driver & Downloads
3. Select Product Family “Netbook”
4. Select Product Line Aspire One
5. Select your Product Model i.e.: AOA150 (located after MFG.Date:xxxx AOA 150 – xxxx)
6. Click on the BIOS tab below
7. Download the bios to a blank USB flash card.
8. Turn off your computer
9. Insert the USB flash card (containing the bios) into your Aspire One.
10. Hold down the FN key and the Esc Key at the same and turn on the computer.
11. Wait until the Power button starts flashing before letting go of the keys.
12. Allow the computer to complete its task (5 or more minutes).
13. Charge the computer for 5 hours and your computer should be working properly.

G

i have another solution.. a few days my laptop acer can not load with battery, when battery inserted there is red light flash 3 times, when i plug in an adapter its connected, 3 hour still waiting and 6 hour still red... then i taking out an adapter, i try to power on my laptop... it can not loads anything..

:eek: i really confused... i have a plan to buy a new one or take it to acer guaranteed.. i can't sleep then i still thinking how can it happens.. :pt1cable:

so many ways i tried, but still nothing... :sleep: so in a middle night.. i have an idea... i look at the battery... i see many cell there.. i try to clean up or making the connector in 6 cell to the right position with clean pin neal..
I do so with careful :non:
then I tried to attach it back to my laptop, and the result ... incredible ... all back to normal .. :sarcastic: :bounce:

I hope this can help ..
thanks to my beautiful daughter, Natasya and Citra .. :love:
with love
dPrince Of Smart
:hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS