Sign in with
Your question

Superdrive died.(Macbook)

Last response: in Storage
August 19, 2010 6:41:55 AM

Ok i have a macbook white i the 2009 series,macbook 5,1 if i am not wrong.According to wikipedia i have a 4× DVD+R DL writes, 8× DVD±R read, 4× DVD±RW writes, 24× CD-R, and 10x CD-RW recording superdrive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook

So I was in school where everyone have a macbook for lesson.Then I drop it when saving some stupid 10 dollar waterbottle of my classmate.Now when i open it from sleep mode it vibrates differently and functions normally after a few seconds. I cant even push a disc into the Superdrive. And if my school service centre does not want to replace it,it will cost about 300 USD which i think its just a waste of money when 24x Lite-On DVD burner is only 37 and still faster. I dun really use it much so i just wan to find out which silm optical drive can be used.I dun need one super expensive so please give me some suggestions.

*I know the the warranty will be void*
a b G Storage
August 19, 2010 1:21:24 PM

no idea, but maybe check one of the Mac specific boards?
m
l
a c 98 G Storage
November 8, 2010 3:47:19 PM

progunnerboi said:
Ok i have a macbook white i the 2009 series,macbook 5,1 if i am not wrong.According to wikipedia i have a 4× DVD+R DL writes, 8× DVD±R read, 4× DVD±RW writes, 24× CD-R, and 10x CD-RW recording superdrive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook

So I was in school where everyone have a macbook for lesson.Then I drop it when saving some stupid 10 dollar waterbottle of my classmate.Now when i open it from sleep mode it vibrates differently and functions normally after a few seconds. I cant even push a disc into the Superdrive. And if my school service centre does not want to replace it,it will cost about 300 USD which i think its just a waste of money when 24x Lite-On DVD burner is only 37 and still faster. I dun really use it much so i just wan to find out which silm optical drive can be used.I dun need one super expensive so please give me some suggestions.

*I know the the warranty will be void*

You can replace the superdrive yourself (or send to a repair shop) for less than $300. Check out powerbookmedic.com. I have used before, they do good work.

They can also provide you the correct superdrive for your model of MacBook and you can swap yourself. Not difficult.
m
l
!