Lenovo T61 will not go into standby

bsinnott

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Hello,
My Lenovo T61 suddenly stopped going into standby.
if I close it or leave it, the screen goes black, but 5 lights vstay on - NOT sleep half-moon. Nothing I do will bring the screen back. I have to hold down the power button until the network and bluetooth lights go out; then I can restart.
I've updated drivers. I've disabled bluetooth everywhere, but its light still comes on and it keeps asking me to reinstall it. I've tried 5 or 6 different power profiles in power manager and power options. Also changed bios setti ngs every way I could think of. Everything is now reset to what it was. Does anyone know how I can get standby and the half-moon back? It worked perfectly till I went on vacation and signed into a new wireless network.

mushama

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011

Hi,
Did you find a solution for this? I've have had the very same problem for more than 6 months now and it is driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards
Morten

starzty

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
In my experience it's a charge trapped in the peripherals. Try unplugging the keyboard and trackpad and reconnecting them. If that doesnt work clear power management. Hold down the power button for 10 true seconds. Then press the power button 10 times for 1 second with a second in between. Let me know how it goes

duborv

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
Mine just stuck with similar symptom :(
Begins the standby routine (whether by closing lid, pressing assigned button or clicking TurnOffComputer->StandBy),
seems to properly turn off screen, HDD, turns off WiFi icon and that's it - system fan is still on, whatever LAN/DVD indicator (on right side of Lenovo T61) is still on.
As standby never completes - it's not possible to wakeup...

It's all started when I once woke it up into BSOD, never paid attention to that (while I should) I just rebooted it immediately and worked fine till standby, then I started to see the issue.

I've tried updating Intel/WiFi drivers, tried the SafeMode (Stand By is grayed-out in XP SafeMode), tried unplugging the battery for a while, did the power-discharge trick (10sec power button + 10 times with 1sec delay), tried unplugging DVD and shutting down most of services - no luck so far...