merco

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
So I'm using the ASUS update tool to DL the BIOS update file, but theres a bunch and I don't know which one I need, or if i need to install them all. I'll use the ASUS EZ flash 2 utility to update the file(s). I just want to know if i should update using them all or just the latest one. the files I have are as follows:

M4N72-E-ASUS-0601.ROM

601 being the oldest (and there are more but the DL utility crapped out on me as I'm typing this, so i'll DL them later) and 901 being the most recent, date wise. They all have different descriptions, so I assume to just start with the oldest one and work my way to the newest one, but I don't want to screw up my MB. I know this isn't like running Windows updater and it just puts the new junk in. I don't want to install/update the wrong thing/way and turn my MB into a retard that doesn't do anything.

Thanks in advance.

Use the latest bios or the one that has the fix you are looking for.
Load it on a USB drive. Boot into the bios and flash from the bios.
Read the Asus instructions in particular. Mine are generic.
Best not to flash from Windows because there are other processes going on.
You could also flash from a diskette if you still have a floppy.

merco

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
OK, but which one do I use? I mean, does 901 have all the ones released before it included, or are these individual updates that do different thing. If 901 is all i need that's great, but otherwise I assume if i want the latest BIOS, i need to install them individually, and in that case what order do i install them?