C2D mobile T6400 running in lower speed

harshthegreat89

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
I recently purchased a laptop with following config :

Motherboard : Quanta TW8/SW8/DW8
BIOS : Insyde Q3C61
Chipset : Intel mobile GM45
CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo mobile T6400 (2.0 GHz, 2 MB L2 Cache, 800 Mhz FSB)
RAM : 1 GB DDR2 800MHz (PC2-6400)
Hard Disk : Western Digital 160 GB 5400 RPM

The problem is that when i see the properties of CPU by right clicking on My Computer or by software such as CPU-Z or Intel Processor identification utility i get only 1.19 GHz as reported running speed :( :(

done.php

done.php

mildiner86

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
maybe CPU-z should just come with an explination above the clock speed indercator that says

"if this number is lower than though, the computer is either in power saver mode or intel speed step has been enabled"

try putting the laptop on full preformance mode, then make the laptop got at 100% CPU useage.

u will notice that ur multiplier is set to 6 rather than around 11 or what ever it should be. make the CPU do summit and watch the number jump back up:p

u can disable speed step in the bios although its there to make ur CPU work less hard demand less power and produce less heat when its not needed.

if only CPU-Z gave this infomation we would not have these posts lol, then again they are fun to reply to :D

(could have said ur CPU is dead and take it back to the shop haha, would have been funny) but ur CPU is fine

mildiner86

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
ooo btw why not buy anther gig of ram i know win 7 is efficient but im pretty sure ud see a preformance boost with 2 gig, 1 gig of ram costs almost nothing im sure the change down the back of ya sofa could pay for it :)