Sign in with
Your question

Will an ATI Radeon HD 3450 work with a dell inspiron 530s?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 7, 2009 12:01:12 AM

I recently bought a new dell inspiron 530s (slimline) to play BF2 only to find out it has an intel G33 express card which BF2 does not support :'(  bf2 only supports nvidia or ATI

Im far from a computer expert, but from what i read online i need a low profile card and one that only needs a 250 watt cpu because thats what i have.

I read somewhere that the radeon 3450 needs a AMD motherboard which i have no idea if i have...how do i find out?

I dont HAVE to have the radeon, its just the closest thing i could find that would work, i just need a card that will work on my 530s AND BF2, it can be nvidia or ATI as long as it will work on my slimline PC

March 13, 2009 3:20:05 AM

Your motherboard will support either Ati or Nvidia cards. Look at the dimensions of the cards before you buy and measure inside your case, chances are your going to need a low profile card for your case. From what i know the best low profile card you can go for at the moment is a 9600gt, but i do not think your PSU would support it. Go for a Ati Radeon 4350 or 4550 if i were you. They are require low power and should fit your case. Will wet you back at around 40-60$ USD.
March 13, 2009 4:54:21 AM

Sparkle GeForce 9600 GT Video Card - 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, Dual Link DVI, HDCP Capable, HDMI, Low Profile mabe this 1 might work.tiger.com
!