Will an ATI Radeon HD 3450 work with a dell inspiron 530s?

I recently bought a new dell inspiron 530s (slimline) to play BF2 only to find out it has an intel G33 express card which BF2 does not support :'( bf2 only supports nvidia or ATI

Im far from a computer expert, but from what i read online i need a low profile card and one that only needs a 250 watt cpu because thats what i have.

I read somewhere that the radeon 3450 needs a AMD motherboard which i have no idea if i have...how do i find out?

I dont HAVE to have the radeon, its just the closest thing i could find that would work, i just need a card that will work on my 530s AND BF2, it can be nvidia or ATI as long as it will work on my slimline PC
3 answers Last reply
More about will radeon 3450 work dell inspiron 530s
  1. bump
  2. Your motherboard will support either Ati or Nvidia cards. Look at the dimensions of the cards before you buy and measure inside your case, chances are your going to need a low profile card for your case. From what i know the best low profile card you can go for at the moment is a 9600gt, but i do not think your PSU would support it. Go for a Ati Radeon 4350 or 4550 if i were you. They are require low power and should fit your case. Will wet you back at around 40-60$ USD.
  3. Sparkle GeForce 9600 GT Video Card - 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, Dual Link DVI, HDCP Capable, HDMI, Low Profile mabe this 1 might work.tiger.com
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Dell Inspiron Radeon Graphics