saved data wiped

Hey :)
I went to play Sims 2 as I have everyday for the last 3 months.. and. ALL MY
SIMS were GONE!!! and my lots... and EVERYTHING!!! ARRGH!!!

Has anyone else ever had this happen? its so gutting. I dont want to start
all over again *grumbles* I loved my Sims..

Life can be so cruel.

Thought that had happened to me once but all I had done was to sign up as a
different user to play the game. The neighbourhoods only showed up when
playing in that user account.

There are software programs that can get back deleted stuff that you think
is lost forever though. Some of them are free. Try TUCOWS or downloads via
one of the reputable magazine sites like PC World.

There might be an answer on the customer support site.
http://eagames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eagames.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_prod_lvl1=474

Skeatsan''co

"Ms J Thompson" <janettethompson@slingshot.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hey :)
> I went to play Sims 2 as I have everyday for the last 3 months.. and. ALL
> MY
> SIMS were GONE!!! and my lots... and EVERYTHING!!! ARRGH!!!
>
> Has anyone else ever had this happen? its so gutting. I dont want to start
> all over again *grumbles* I loved my Sims..
>
> Life can be so cruel.

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

"Ms J Thompson" <janettethompson@slingshot.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hey :)
> I went to play Sims 2 as I have everyday for the last 3 months.. and. ALL
> MY
> SIMS were GONE!!! and my lots... and EVERYTHING!!! ARRGH!!!
>
> Has anyone else ever had this happen? its so gutting. I dont want to start
> all over again *grumbles* I loved my Sims..
>
> Life can be so cruel.

Yes! I had it happen, what a Shock that was.
I had run a SpyDoctor and it came up with something called "DSO"
(something). I assumed it was a Bad thing and said "fix it"... well it did,
but no more Sims or neighborhoods. So I have a program called "go-back" and
used that to Go Back to before I did it and it all came back.
XP has 'recovery'... I've never used it but it may do the same thing for
you?
Good Luck, Sage