Asus M2N68AM-SE2 does not POST

sugi123

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
Hey all,
I just received an Asus M2N68AM-SE2 motherboard, Phenom 9500 CPU, and 2 GB Dual channel DDR2 RAM. Upon connecting the 24 Pin power connector and 4 Pin power connector to the motherboard and hitting the power switch, all the fans turn on for about 5 seconds and the motherboard shuts off. However, the green light still continues to be lit, saying that power is still coming to the board. I assumed this would be a heat issue with the CPU, but the heatsink is fastened properly. I also tried switching ram to no avail. I also tried the CPU and ram in another AM2 motherboard and it worked perfectly. What might be wrong here?

-Interesting note... just for testing, I unplugged the 4 Pin CPU power connection off the motherboard and the fans continuously spun (no post though).

Specs...
-600 Watt XION Power Supply (+12V1 22Amps and +12V2 22 Amps)
-Integrated Video Card
-2 GB RAM
-AMD Phenom 9500
-Stock Cooler

thanks

G

I had the same problem until I realized that I did not seat the CPU properly. Stupid mistake in my haste. Also, the M2N68-AM SE2 does not work with 135w CPU's. It only accepts the 85w AMD CPU'S. Check the wattage on your processor. That is the best I can offer. I hope I was able to assist you. Good luck.

epic failboat

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
had the exact same problem untill i flashed the bios with the neweat update and it posted ... works fine now. Hope this helps, enjoy.