abhishekgta1989

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
My gpu temperature is 63'c at idle. My room temperature is around 38'c.Is there a problem with my gpu.amd 5200+.stock cooling by zotac at 30% duty cycle .two case fans.2 gb ram MHz 667.500w supply. THANKS for the reply .Could you tell me whether i have have to worry about my gpu being fried.

If your room temp is actually 38c ( 100.4f ) it's not really a surprise.
Knowing what card you have and the amount of cooling in your system would be a help to those that you are asking your question.

abhishekgta1989

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

THANKS for the reply .Could you tell me whether i have have to worry about my gpu being fried.

Video cards can handle a good deal of heat, it would help to know what the load temps are and what video card we're talking about.
Also, why it is so warm in your room ? ( Just curious because 38c is pretty warm )

abhishekgta1989

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

I was talking about zotac Geforce 9600gt stock version . i live in india and here temperature of 38'c is nothing compared to what it's going to be in about a month.Also i did'nt used to have this problem before of heating about two months ago when temp was about 24'c.

Am I that drunk already, or did you change the subject line of the thread ?
India, that explains the warm room, Hello from the USA.
Again, knowing the load temps would help, download Rivatuner and let it run in the background.

abhishekgta1989

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

anyway is there any solution to the problem?

abhishekgta1989

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

Bu that causes a lot of dust in the cpu case

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
I guess what else you could try is getting a pci slot cooling fan and put that under the card to suck hot air out of the case. If you can't get a pci slot cooler fan, or want to move more air, I guess you could always take out any remaining pci slot covers, move any pci cards out of the way and get a high flow 80 mm case fan, and use wire ties or something to rig it under the card to pull hot air off the card and see if that helps.

abhishekgta1989

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

Thanks for the info but ialreafy have two case fans in my case.

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Right, but the problem is on some of the new cards, they actually don't vent heat from the case, but push it back in. On my case, I have 1 sucking air into the side, one pulling out the back, and one under the video card.

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
No man, I'm meaning try to pull warm air out of the case by having a fan underneath the card using that fan as an exhaust. I've got a similar setup on my 9600gt, and mine idles at 35 degrees celsius typically.

abhishekgta1989

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

What is your surrounding temperature?

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Granted, my system is in a basement so it's a little cooler down here, but we've probably been fluctuating between 40-80 degrees farenheit. However, the fan under it could still help a little perhaps. In my case right this minute....

Speedfan reports my processor to be running 34 degrees celsius on a stock heatsink/fan. The card itself is at 36 degrees celsius at idle. Fan at about 20% speed I think.

However, my system was running all last night while I slept and was doing a full virus scan when I took the temps, so a little load on it as well.

abhishekgta1989

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

Well i have reduced the idle temp to 56'c by adjusting my case fans.I think the issue may be with the thermal paste not being properly applied. How do you think applying thermal paste properly bewteen the gpu and heat sink effects the gpu temperature since I once opened the heatsink to clean.