Sign in with
Your question

CCC - Scale image to full not working

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 7, 2009 1:51:17 PM

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a completely new machine (with an 4870 HD X2), installed all the latest drivers for Vista x64, and everything's working fine except one issue. I have a Dell S2309W 23" Monitor with a native resolution of 1920x1080. Windows, as well as all other applications (games), refuse to scale the image to the full panel size, even though I have expressly selected this in ATI Catalyst Control Center under Digital Panel (DVI) 4 -> Attributes -> Image Scaling: Scale image to full panel size. Instead, it centers the image for all resolutions lower than 1920x1080, resulting in black bars around it, as if I had selected the other option, "Use centered timings", next to full panel scaling in CCC, which I haven't. I have already tried to check the box "Enable GPU scaling", which is directly above both these options in CCC, but to no avail.

The Catalyst driver version I'm using is 9.2 for Vista x64. I haven't done any reinstalling of drivers or anything of that nature yet, since this has been a clean install on an all-new computer and I haven't had any other problems. By the way, the same monitor has successfully scaled the image to full on lower resolutions previously on a different system with Vista and NVidia (8800 GTX), so I'd say it's definitely got something to do with ATI/CCC. Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks for the help
August 15, 2009 9:05:55 PM

I randomly stumbled across this because I was having the same sort of issue. I see that this is an old topic so hopefully the problem has been solved, but I was able to solve it by going to "Scaling Options" and putting the slider at 0% instead of around 7 or 8 where it was. I have my monitor hooked up by HDMI, but I'm assuming it's probably the same sort of thing? Just in case this helps anyone, I figured I would reply. :) 
!