I need a new VGA fan can anyone help?

carnedude

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I need a 80mm x 10mm PWM VGA fan that is the dish style. Not a case fan type that has a housing on it, it needs to have 3 ears on the back with holes in them for screwing to the vga like this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23940725@N05/4909538790/

i have contacted the OEM but they are based in Taiwan and China and for 2 weeks I have been emailing them but no use. MSI wants me to send my card to them and charge me at least 50 bucks for the install and parts. I don't want to send my card half way across the world and pay out the @ss for a fan. Can anyone help me track one down? I have googled the hell out of it too but maybe I am not looking in the right places?

acer0169

Distinguished
What exactly is it for?
My advise would be to find a really cheap GPU after market cooler and steal the fan from one them. Either that, or do a little modding and install a case fan to your heatsink - they're easy to remove the outter casing etc.

Just a thought.

carnedude

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Its for my MSI 470 gtx. Right now I just have a case fan plugged into my MOBO and then super glued it to the bottom of the card housing where the other fan used to be. I can find a fan that is kinda close to what I need but it won't be controlled by the GPU. I will just have to plug it into my MOBO like I am now. As of right now there aren't any "Really cheap" aftermarket coolers for this card. Cheapest one I found and I dunno if the fan would be compatible is 50 bucks.

Just go with aftermarket cooling :p They're much better than even Manufacturer "custom" cooling like Vapor series or the MSI lightning series. Arctic cooling makes good coolers check them out. Also another reason for buying aftermarket vga cooling, the 470 runs hot so aftermarket will keep em much cooler than the manufacturers cooling.

carnedude

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
The company that makes the fan I am looking for is called Power Logic but there website is weird and no one responds to e-mails. The fans you mentioned don't have the right mounting on the back. If you look here you can see.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=27268&vpn=TURBO-MOD&manufacture=Arctic%20Cooling

I think i will go with this one and call it good.
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11438/fan-738/Evercool_Long_Life_80mm_x_10mm_VGA_Replacement_Fan_EC8010M12C.html

I am thinking real hard about going to water cooling in a year or so anyway but still I think it is really weird that you can't find a 80mm x 10mm Dish/Insert PWM fan anywhere on the Net. If anyone happens to spot a company that does or can think of a mod that will let me take a case fan with those specs and make it fit my card then I am all ears.

acer0169

Distinguished

Does it out perform the arctic accelero xtreme? I've seen great reviews on both of them, but never actually seen a benchmark to compare.

They both have heatpipes and both have huge heatsinks, but the accelero has an extra 92mm fan which I can't help but think would give it the edge.

carnedude

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I would get it but so far i can't find a seller. I need the Plus version for it to be compatible with my card. If I can get one on each card it would be awesome because my top card is a EVGA and it gets pretty warm. Might try it out on that one first and If I like it grab another for the MSI. So far I don't think that cooler has actually dropped yet but if you see a link shoot it my way. Thanks for being so helpful.

carnedude

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
That cooler won't work with the 400 series of cards. I have a full tower so space isn't an issue just not real sure about sli but it looks like it should fit. And yeah I am in the USA.

MajorClass45

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012

I have a NEW evga gtx 470 heat sink and fan with the cover in the box never used. I used to have a GTX 470 for Physic so i purchase it in case something would go wrong with fan.
I'll selling the heat sink in it original box from EVGA for $100.00 plus shipping.
I was going to place it on eBay but????.
My e-mail is usfra1@msn.com.

sidbala11

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012

sidbala11

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
if ur fans are not working correctly then u can take those out n use the dish base to fix under these fans using super glue . but u'll have to do some modification to these fan bottoms to fit the slot on ur heat sink. i have a msi twin frozr ii n brokee its fans, messed up both of them(i know m loose in the head). so i ordered these(to india), arrived in 4 days n i did the intallation meself. its fairly simple just requires a bit of patience n a screw driver set. check them out if u dare.... :pt1cable:

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/vga/25/turbo-module.html?c=2182

sidbala11

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/POWER-LOGIC-PLD08010S12HH-75mm-Graphics-Video-Card-Dual-Fan-Replacement-40mm-12V-0-35A-4Wire-for/912941_756320715.html