Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New Build - Not all drives recognised yet under computer tab

Last response: in Storage
August 19, 2010 8:36:36 PM

Just built new rig today and have installed 4 drives. One Intel X25M for OS and 3 Samsung f3 1T for data all in Raid0. I Set up the Samsubg drives in Bios and have them partitioned into 2 drives labeled volumeo and volume1. After installing windows I can see both volumes in system devices but cant see then under computer tab. Am I supposed to format them or something.

Best solution

August 19, 2010 9:21:49 PM

shecklen said:
Just built new rig today and have installed 4 drives. One Intel X25M for OS and 3 Samsung f3 1T for data all in Raid0. I Set up the Samsubg drives in Bios and have them partitioned into 2 drives labeled volumeo and volume1. After installing windows I can see both volumes in system devices but cant see then under computer tab. Am I supposed to format them or something.

Quote:
Am I supposed to format them or something

of course, in order for the drive to show up on your "my computer tab" you need the drive to be recognized as NTFS. Right click "my computer" click on "manage" and go into the Disk Management tab and right click it. You should see an option to "quick format". Once this is done you should see the drive present but since you are doing RAID0 it might show up as one large drive.
August 20, 2010 6:48:11 AM

awseome....thanks
m
l
August 27, 2010 5:58:08 AM

Best answer selected by shecklen.
m
l
!