How much is this worth

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
February 11, 2009 12:24:22 AM

Hello all how much do you think this is worth, there is a guy selling this and just wondering what the value is since you are all the experts, thanks in advance

Custom built quad core power machine.

(*Antec P182 Gun metal Black Cold Rolled Steel Case
*Abit IP35 Pro Motherboard
*Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4ghz Processor
*4Gb DDR 2 800 Memory
*Nvidia GeForce 8800GT Video Card (Incredible)
*250GB SATA Hard drive
*20X DVD Burner
*550 Watt Power Supply)

More about : worth

February 11, 2009 12:28:56 AM

Can you find out the specifics on the RAM, HD, and psu? Those are generic descriptions. For example on a psu, is it a PCP&C (quality) or a powertek (garbage).....HD WD or Hitatchi....it would help with pricing.
Anonymous
February 11, 2009 12:31:34 AM

aford10 said:
Can you find out the specifics on the RAM, HD, and psu? Those are generic descriptions. For example on a psu, is it a PCP&C (quality) or a powertek (garbage).....HD WD or Hitatchi....it would help with pricing.

I will find out thanks
Related resources
Anonymous
February 11, 2009 3:48:49 PM

aford10 said:

Here is what he said "ocz ddr 2 800 memory...seagate SATA 250Gb HD...and I believe the power supply is a Cool Max 550W. I paid $100 for it. it's nice and heavy, not a cheap built one. "

So hope that helps everybody as to the value
February 11, 2009 8:48:23 PM

That is a good cpu

The case is decent. Seems to lack good airflow and the frame is a little restrictive to work in.

OCZ is good quality RAM, but they have different models of the DDR2 800. Could be reaper, platinum, gold.....

The HD is a bit old and small considering today's standards.

I'd take that power supply out and use it for target practice.

Overall, it's an Ok build. I'm not sure why someone would risk that quality of a system with that psu. I would probably value it around $450. Before starting it up, I'd remove that psu and get a good one like:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
!