Vurtexx

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
I have this problem with my motherboard, the A79A-S Foxconn 790FX and a Phenom II... when I start the computer and it appears directly at Windows, the processor voltage is set to what it would be if it was set as default in the BIOS, instead of what it should be as I have it actually set at in BIOS. This problem can cause unnecessary random restarting of the computer since it will crash because of the low voltage.

So I need to either figure out how to fix this, or how to set it so that when I start the computer, it always starts from the BIOS screen instead of directly from Windows. Because when the computer starts directly from the BIOS screen instead of appearing at Windows when starting up, the voltage is correct.

I already have the latest BIOS so that's not the problem.

I'm tired of it but haven't been able to figure out a fix. Even if someone can tell me how to always be able to start from the BIOS (complete boot) when I press the power button instead of it normally starting up at Windows, I'd be happy.

Amd has energy saving "cool and quiet" software which automatically lowers the speed and voltage of the cpu when running windows. This is normal unless you disable it in the bios. It works; I would leave it alone. More likely the restarts are caused by incorrect memory voltage. Check your memory specs, and see if the foxconn board has memory voltage adjustments.