• Cooler Master
  • Cooling
  • Gigabyte
  • Overclocking
  • Product
Last response: in Overclocking
August 23, 2010 2:30:39 PM

Hello, guys ,Hope you're all well

I wanted an after market cooler for my Phenom II x4 955 BE and I need your assistance in choosing the best cooler of these three models

1) Gigabyte G-Power 2 Pro: I like this cooler because of the fact that it cools the Motherboard as well as the CPU.But, the fact that you can't replace the 120mm fan is a huge disadvantage
Product Page: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

Newegg Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2)Cooler Master V8: I am considering this cooler based on availability & Reviews on Newegg

Product Page: http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=5279

3) Cooler Master V6GT: I like this cooler because it has a new arrangement method of the six heat pipes

Product Page: http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6668

My case is CM Storm Sniper and the rest of my specs are in the signature section

I absolutely DON'T care about the price of these coolers, all I want is the best cooling performance.

One final note is that I live in Egypt and we have a very hot summer as the ambient temperatures sometimes reach 40C but are usually in the range of 34-37C

If any body has a personal experience with one of these coolers, please tell me about it

Sorry for the awfully Long message

More about : cooler master v6gt gigabyte power pro

a c 296 K Overclocking
August 23, 2010 2:47:09 PM

None.

Get this Titan Fenrir is much better with a good price.
m
l
August 23, 2010 4:20:49 PM

Sadly, the Titan Fenrir isn't available in my country
m
l
Related resources
a c 296 K Overclocking
August 23, 2010 4:23:57 PM

1- We are u from?
2- Do u want buy the cooler in a local store or Internet store.
m
l
August 23, 2010 6:28:07 PM

1) I am from Egypt
2) I intend to buy locally
m
l
a c 296 K Overclocking
August 23, 2010 7:22:31 PM

Ok.

I would go with the V6 GT since looks much better that the V8.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 23, 2010 7:26:02 PM

V8!
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 23, 2010 8:56:22 PM

any other coolers available in your country? just those 3?
m
l
August 24, 2010 2:01:00 AM

Other available coolers

Cooler Master: V10, Hyper TX2, Hyper 212,Vortex,Hyper TX3

Gigabyte: Volar.

Thermaltake: Frio, SpinQ

OCZ: Vandetta

The only water cooling loop available in Egypt is the Gigabyte 3D Galaxy II (in addition to the water cooling loop integrated in the 3D Mercury Chasis from Gigabyte)
Pretty much that's all the available air coolers in Egypt because of very low demand as very few users care about the CPU temps or OC'ing.
m
l
a c 296 K Overclocking
August 24, 2010 4:51:17 AM

The Thermaltake Frio is one of the best coolers right now even much better that the V8 and V6
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 24, 2010 3:57:58 PM

Well this is going on and on.

First of all ignore all these people who suggest you anything out of the topic. They are just here to confuse you.

V6gt is expensive but new, looks big :\. I favor v8 because of word of mouth, plus plethora of reviews barking that its good. i know you don't care about price, but if you think price will matter, then v8 is really good. But to me only draw back is the huge weight. Otherwise i like it, preferred.

and i like v6gt too. 200+ rpm than v8. I don't know much about Dynaloop bearing technology whatever the fu* that is. its overall bigger, and if you read i hate the weight of v8, and this bit*h weighs much more than that. Reviews suggesting that its hard to install and covers ram slots. if you got a big mobo, good.

in the end its your choice. :) , Both these will give you good cooling, wherever in Egypt you live.
m
l
a c 296 K Overclocking
August 24, 2010 4:21:04 PM

^:lol:  right

@OP: You can see here the best CPU coolers. Both V8 and V6 aren't on the list but the Thermaltake Frio that is also available in ur country is on the list.
m
l
August 24, 2010 4:23:09 PM

davcon said:
The V6GT is the best cooler CM makes i would buy that.
Here's a recent Corsair A70 review featuring alot of well-known coolers.
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1389/1/

This chart shows the V6GT is second only to only the Venemous X and the Noctuna NH-D14.Thank you very,very,very much Davcon

Sadly, the NH-D14 isn't availabe in my country(Damn, I like silence) :pfff:  :pfff:  :pfff: 

So that leaves me with the noisy V6GT :)  :)  :)  :)  But I have the stock AMD fan so, it won't be noisier than the stock fan, right???

m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 24, 2010 4:39:55 PM

saint19 said:

@OP: You can see here the best CPU coolers. Both V8 and V6 aren't on the list but the Thermaltake Frio that is also available in ur country is on the list.

V6gt if you want, though the sound :p 

NH-D14 no doubt is quite.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 24, 2010 4:47:39 PM

They are literally half the dB of v6 gt on full load.

But how will you make your v6 run fulload? until you are just shredding the processes :p 
m
l
a c 183 K Overclocking
August 25, 2010 3:47:03 AM

youssef 2010 said:
This chart shows the V6GT is second only to only the Venemous X and the Noctuna NH-D14.Thank you very,very,very much Davcon

Sadly, the NH-D14 isn't availabe in my country(Damn, I like silence) :pfff:  :pfff:  :pfff: 

So that leaves me with the noisy V6GT :)  :)  :)  :)  But I have the stock AMD fan so, it won't be noisier than the stock fan, right???

Correct the V6GT has been receiving very good reviews for its cooling ability but noise has been noted as a trade off.
However the fans are pwm controlled.
You mentioned Noctua isn't available in Egypt does that mean the Venomous X is in one of it's 3 models?
If that's the case i would seriously consider one Thermalright fans are quiet if you can find a Venomous X-RT.
Another cooler that will do the job is the Scythe Mugen 2 rev b which comes with a quiet fan and is half the price of all the coolers mentioned.
m
l
August 25, 2010 12:39:45 PM

The Custom Cooling Solutions market is still very young in Egypt because the fruits and need for OC'ing(or even better cooling) are not felt yet here. :cry:  :cry:  (Oh do I appreciate the sound of silence)
So, Thermalright,Noctuna,Scythe can't be found anywhere in Egypt

If any Egyptians are on this forum and know where to find these,then please tell me.

Also, your question "You mentioned Noctua isn't available in Egypt does that mean the Venomous X is in one of it's 3 models? " is a bit unclear so, would you be kind enough to clarify it for me

BTW, check my replies for available coolers in Egypt before recommending any new models.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 25, 2010 1:13:27 PM

The Frio is a very good cooler but its very loud (though it does include fan controllers so you can turn it down) and does not fit in a standard mid tower ATX case. If you can live with this its the best one you said you can get.
m
l
August 25, 2010 2:42:36 PM

@simon12: From the reviews,I would guess the Frio & V6GT are very close to each other as well as the Noctuna NH-D14 (not in noise of course).So, if I am going to buy one of these two, it will mostly depend on the price , warranty, and the other factors you know about.

@OvrClkr: I am sorry but I only saw your reply just now, I was considering the V6GT no the regular V6 that comes with 1 fan.But, Thank you very much as until now, I thought both models come with dual fans.I think V6 & V6GT support regular 120mm fans & you just drop them in the shroud.If anyone knows this is wrong, please tell me

BTW, I have CM Storm Sniper so, fitting coolers with the side fan installed isn't an issue as it is 10" wide (that's one of the reasons I bought it for)
m
l
a c 183 K Overclocking
August 25, 2010 3:30:47 PM

youssef 2010 said:
The Custom Cooling Solutions market is still very young in Egypt because the fruits and need for OC'ing(or even better cooling) are not felt yet here. :cry:  :cry:  (Oh do I appreciate the sound of silence)
So, Thermalright,Noctuna,Scythe can't be found anywhere in Egypt

If any Egyptians are on this forum and know where to find these,then please tell me.

Also, your question "You mentioned Noctua isn't available in Egypt does that mean the Venomous X is in one of it's 3 models? " is a bit unclear so, would you be kind enough to clarify it for me

BTW, check my replies for available coolers in Egypt before recommending any new models.

You answered your own question by adding Thermalright along with Scythe are simply not available.
I was just asking since you noted Noctua wasn't sorry for asking!
m
l
August 26, 2010 2:02:44 AM

So, Now the choice is between the Frio & the V6GT unless anyone knows about a better cooler that is available in Egypt
m
l
August 26, 2010 6:37:29 AM

I just picked up a v6GT on august 5 to replace my stock HSF, and it works great on my 965BE CPU. Around a 20*C drop in temps. Yes it has some noise, but all air coolers do, and its not much. Far beats the V8, I almost bought one of those myself till i read on CoolerMaster they were releasing this late July. I'm very happy with it, and would recommend it. 2x PWM Dynaloop bearing fans, Nickel plated pipes and base, along with a great design, and appealing look. Ultimately you have to make the decision yourself.
m
l
August 26, 2010 11:22:06 PM

@INeedSomeAdvice: I have three question for you;

1-What is the ambient temperature?
2-How far did you OC you CPU?
3-What is the temperature at 100% load?(using prime95 or other similar software)
m
l
August 30, 2010 2:26:36 AM

youssef 2010 said:
@INeedSomeAdvice: I have three question for you;

1-What is the ambient temperature?
2-How far did you OC you CPU?
3-What is the temperature at 100% load?(using prime95 or other similar software)

Its probably around 70*C in my room if not a little warmer. Around 60*C if i run the A/C but I try not to to save electricity(Majority of the time A/C is off). I have not OC'd at all. My speeds are still stock @3.4ghz. I just ran Prime95 again yesterday (August 28th) for a little more than 5 hours and my temperature never broke 48*C max load (used Everest for temperature monitoring), using the blend test. I also ran the high heat test but only for around 45 minutes as I was ready for some gaming by then, but still topped at 48*C, and an Idle temp of 31*C.

The V6GT came with CoolerMaster brand thermal paste but I used some TuniQ TX-2 that I had leftover from a month back, I'm not sure how good either paste's are, TuniQ was relatively cheap but needed at the time, and I wanted to use it up, and seems to do alright, I have read a good review or 2 about the Coolermaster paste that is packaged with the GT though. Also I'm using this case, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... , it gets pretty decent airflow through it, so that is a factor as well. Also make sure your case can hold it, Im using a full size tower so it was no problem, but some midsize and smaller might have problems.

Also it did cover up my first ram slot on the ASUS m4a78t-E mobo, I can still get a stick in there if i remove the heatspreader from the ram, but im not sure how safe that is. Ill find out in a couple months when i finally get my other dual channel kit.

I hope this was useful to you Youssef 2010, and like i said previously, I'm very happy with this cooler, good quality as always from CoolerMaster. And again it is audible but i feel WELL within tolerable limits. My crossfire video cards make 60% more noise than this puppy when at 100%.

m
l
August 30, 2010 2:46:30 AM

OvrClkr said:
Does the V6 use conventional 120mm fans or do you have to buy that whole plastic shroud if it needs to be replaced?

Also make note that there are 2 different versions of the V6, one comes with a single fan and the more expensive one comes with 2 fans. LoL at teh 70.00$ V6 !! 20.00$ more for a second fan???

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Yes it uses conventional fans and will be easy to replace. Annd yes that price differance between the v6 and v6gt is crazy seeing as how the main performance differance is a 2nd fan, but the GT also comes with Nickel plated pipes and Nickel plated mirror finished base, ass opposed to copper. (Supposedly the Nickel works as a better insulator allowing less heat to escape and more to be exfoliated by the radiator)?? Other than that you get one little red stripe light down the middle that the normal v6 doesn't....COOL!!ermaster.

Still I'm a sucker for gimicks and bought the GT instead of the normal V6. It does look nice inside meh case though. My older brother keeps ragging on me that i should have got the Corsair H50 like him because these big radiator blocks will warp or damage the mobo, but I dont think so. Iunno....
m
l
August 30, 2010 3:37:23 AM

To INeedSomeAdvice:
I assume you mean 60 or 70 Farenheit, not Celsius, otherwise I commend you for both you're endurance and you thermal law defying cooler.

But seriously, if your at stock and getting 48*C, I would be a bit worried. I would consider reseating your heatsink or making sure your caseflow is sufficient. I would hope to so stock temps in the mid 30s on full load in a room as cold as yours. (My 965@stock was about there and my room temp is low 70s or high 60s F. and that was before I added the GTX470...I never tested it at stock with that in) I have a Mugen 2, which I know isn't on the list, but I would say the gt6 or the frio would perform a few degrees better.

I would say the Frio over the V6, as I have heard good things about it. Keep in mind that it is about 100grams heavier than the V6 GT (which is 1 kilo)
m
l
August 30, 2010 3:57:00 AM

jrhii said:
To INeedSomeAdvice:
I assume you mean 60 or 70 Farenheit, not Celsius, otherwise I commend you for both you're endurance and you thermal law defying cooler.

But seriously, if your at stock and getting 48*C, I would be a bit worried. I would consider reseating your heatsink or making sure your caseflow is sufficient. I would hope to so stock temps in the mid 30s on full load in a room as cold as yours. (My 965@stock was about there and my room temp is low 70s or high 60s F. and that was before I added the GTX470...I never tested it at stock with that in) I have a Mugen 2, which I know isn't on the list, but I would say the gt6 or the frio would perform a few degrees better.

I would say the Frio over the V6, as I have heard good things about it. Keep in mind that it is about 100grams heavier than the V6 GT (which is 1 kilo)

Thank you for the correction. No I am not the Human Torch. My room temp is more probably mid70s +, and probably more towrds the plus (I dot mind the heat that much, but again, no im not the human torch). I live in an old house with poor circulation, and no central air, just 2x window mounted air conditioners, which the one in my room, I seldom use; to alleviate the electric bill.
m
l
September 2, 2010 6:01:44 AM

saint19 said:

The reason they are not on the list is because frosty didn't test them yet. Also don't put all your faith in the results they get. It is impossible to test heatsinks consistently.

I own a v6 (not GT). According to cooler master, ?both fans help more than usual because of densely stacks tilted fins?
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?category_id...

It was a good buy for me. Only $40 + free shipping :D 
m
l
September 2, 2010 5:06:18 PM

I think that a lot of the top stuff is pretty close anyhow.

While some may list high on frosty, they list lower elsewhere, and vice-versa, so you kinda have to take an aggregate of everything.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 2, 2010 5:49:18 PM

+1^^

The differences in temps when comparing the top 10 coolers are minimal to the point that it all comes down to airflow/ambient/cable-management..
m
l
September 13, 2010 1:03:59 AM

@OvrClkr: you're right as legit reviews state that the the V6GT is only 1 degrees away form the noctuna NH-D14 which is considered to be the best air cooler.
@jrhii: I wish the Mugen 2 was available in my country
@INeedSomeAdvice: Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions
m
l
!