Cooler Master V8 or V6GT or Gigabyte G-power 2 Pro

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
Hello, guys ,Hope you're all well

I wanted an after market cooler for my Phenom II x4 955 BE and I need your assistance in choosing the best cooler of these three models

1) Gigabyte G-Power 2 Pro: I like this cooler because of the fact that it cools the Motherboard as well as the CPU.But, the fact that you can't replace the 120mm fan is a huge disadvantage
Product Page: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2767#sp

Newegg Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835128022

2)Cooler Master V8: I am considering this cooler based on availability & Reviews on Newegg

Product Page: http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=5279

Newegg Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103055

3) Cooler Master V6GT: I like this cooler because it has a new arrangement method of the six heat pipes

Product Page: http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6668

Newegg Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103089

My case is CM Storm Sniper and the rest of my specs are in the signature section

I absolutely DON'T care about the price of these coolers, all I want is the best cooling performance.

One final note is that I live in Egypt and we have a very hot summer as the ambient temperatures sometimes reach 40C but are usually in the range of 34-37C

If any body has a personal experience with one of these coolers, please tell me about it

Sorry for the awfully Long message

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
Other available coolers

Cooler Master: V10, Hyper TX2, Hyper 212,Vortex,Hyper TX3

Gigabyte: Volar.

Thermaltake: Frio, SpinQ

OCZ: Vandetta

The only water cooling loop available in Egypt is the Gigabyte 3D Galaxy II (in addition to the water cooling loop integrated in the 3D Mercury Chasis from Gigabyte)
Pretty much that's all the available air coolers in Egypt because of very low demand as very few users care about the CPU temps or OC'ing.

Fetal

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Well this is going on and on.

First of all ignore all these people who suggest you anything out of the topic. They are just here to confuse you.

V6gt is expensive but new, looks big :\. I favor v8 because of word of mouth, plus plethora of reviews barking that its good. i know you don't care about price, but if you think price will matter, then v8 is really good. But to me only draw back is the huge weight. Otherwise i like it, preferred.

and i like v6gt too. 200+ rpm than v8. I don't know much about Dynaloop bearing technology whatever the fu* that is. its overall bigger, and if you read i hate the weight of v8, and this bit*h weighs much more than that. Reviews suggesting that its hard to install and covers ram slots. if you got a big mobo, good.

in the end its your choice. :), Both these will give you good cooling, wherever in Egypt you live.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009

This chart shows the V6GT is second only to only the Venemous X and the Noctuna NH-D14.Thank you very,very,very much Davcon

Sadly, the NH-D14 isn't availabe in my country(Damn, I like silence) :pfff: :pfff: :pfff:

So that leaves me with the noisy V6GT :) :) :) :) But I have the stock AMD fan so, it won't be noisier than the stock fan, right???

Fetal

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010

V6gt if you want, though the sound :p

NH-D14 no doubt is quite.

Correct the V6GT has been receiving very good reviews for its cooling ability but noise has been noted as a trade off.
However the fans are pwm controlled.
You mentioned Noctua isn't available in Egypt does that mean the Venomous X is in one of it's 3 models?
If that's the case i would seriously consider one Thermalright fans are quiet if you can find a Venomous X-RT.
Another cooler that will do the job is the Scythe Mugen 2 rev b which comes with a quiet fan and is half the price of all the coolers mentioned.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
The Custom Cooling Solutions market is still very young in Egypt because the fruits and need for OC'ing(or even better cooling) are not felt yet here. :cry: :cry: (Oh do I appreciate the sound of silence)
So, Thermalright,Noctuna,Scythe can't be found anywhere in Egypt

If any Egyptians are on this forum and know where to find these,then please tell me.

Also, your question "You mentioned Noctua isn't available in Egypt does that mean the Venomous X is in one of it's 3 models? " is a bit unclear so, would you be kind enough to clarify it for me

BTW, check my replies for available coolers in Egypt before recommending any new models.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
@simon12: From the reviews,I would guess the Frio & V6GT are very close to each other as well as the Noctuna NH-D14 (not in noise of course).So, if I am going to buy one of these two, it will mostly depend on the price , warranty, and the other factors you know about.

@OvrClkr: I am sorry but I only saw your reply just now, I was considering the V6GT no the regular V6 that comes with 1 fan.But, Thank you very much as until now, I thought both models come with dual fans.I think V6 & V6GT support regular 120mm fans & you just drop them in the shroud.If anyone knows this is wrong, please tell me

BTW, I have CM Storm Sniper so, fitting coolers with the side fan installed isn't an issue as it is 10" wide (that's one of the reasons I bought it for)

You answered your own question by adding Thermalright along with Scythe are simply not available.
I was just asking since you noted Noctua wasn't sorry for asking!

INeedSomeAdvice

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
I just picked up a v6GT on august 5 to replace my stock HSF, and it works great on my 965BE CPU. Around a 20*C drop in temps. Yes it has some noise, but all air coolers do, and its not much. Far beats the V8, I almost bought one of those myself till i read on CoolerMaster they were releasing this late July. I'm very happy with it, and would recommend it. 2x PWM Dynaloop bearing fans, Nickel plated pipes and base, along with a great design, and appealing look. Ultimately you have to make the decision yourself.