SLI Crashing 5 Minutes Into Gaming

Hello, I have been having a real pain in the ass problem with my SLI setup. I have 2 8800 GT's in SLI right now and I currently have SLI disable from Nvidia control panel due to unstable crashing in-game when SLI is enable. Usually when I'm in-game it takes around 2-5 minutes before it crashes. Sometimes the crashes make me manually restart and then sometimes I will get lucky and I can just Alt-Tab out of it and then sometimes It will tell me the display driver stop responding or something. The temperatures run 47c idle and around 60-75c on load. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or whats causing this issue or how it can be fixed so I decided to make a thread.

Here is my specs just in case
I am currently running the latest drivers available from nVIDIA. I have also tried previous drivers to see if this might have been a problem.

Running Windows XP SP2

750w Thermaltake Toughpower
Intel e6850 Core 2 @ stock 3ghz
Creative X-fi Xtreme Gamer
2x 512mb 8800GT EVGA
Asus P5N-E SLI Chipset - nVIDIA nForce 650i SLI
2GB Corsair XMS2 - 2GB OCZ XTC SLI - Both in Dual channel.

And here is 2 screenshots of both my video cards in GPU-Z

6 answers Last reply
More about crashing minutes gaming
  1. Do u have the latest VGA drivers installed?
  2. Yes. As stated in my post I have the newest drivers currently installed and I have tried many difference previous drivers to see if that was the problem.
  3. My guess is drivers or power.
  4. Sorry i didnt see it :d
    Well,can u take one card out and test with the other one ? and do this with the second card too? (i mean test both of them one by one)
  5. Yes, I've tested both extensively and they both were fine.
  6. Try 178.24 WHQL drivers. Everything since 180 has caused endless SLI issues for some setups; my GX2 is a cripple right now, running back at 181.20...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards SLI Graphics