2-8 pin power supply connectors?

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
My mobo is a Gigabyte X58A-UD9.My psu is a PC&Power Cooling 1200w Esa.My question is the mobo has 2-8 pin power supply connectors should I use this,and for what,yes the power supply also has the 2 connectors to go in the mobo but I am operating ok without the second one plugged in.Is there any thing beneficial from having both connectors plugged in??Maybe more efficiency for overclocking??(havent done that yet)I have a Corsair H70 cooler just ordered today for this purpose(oc).All help is relly appreciated.

Solution

I don't think that second one is actually needed unless you are pushing the board to the limits, but if your PSU has both cables then go ahead and attach both.

From GB's website :

"This Intel X58-powered board features two 8-pin power connectors providing the CPU for extra watts needed for overclocking"

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

Its odd but when I look at New Eggs site and the Gigabyte motherboard mine has a second 8-pin Cpu power connector right in the exact same spot as the little yellow square.

I don't think that second one is actually needed unless you are pushing the board to the limits, but if your PSU has both cables then go ahead and attach both.

From GB's website :

"This Intel X58-powered board features two 8-pin power connectors providing the CPU for extra watts needed for overclocking"

Solution

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Thank you very much.I just wanted to make sure.