Sign in with
Your question

20+4+4+4 ATX How many pins OUT are there-Like 34?!

Last response: in Components
May 11, 2009 2:45:12 PM

MERCY !
I needed a new case and fans going on 3-4 years --gettin a BIT NOISY. Went to my local guy and bought an IN-WIN case with a IPS350AQ2 Power Supply. I put in my Trusty P23G v.3.0

Well this was when--upon finishing install--I realized I had an ATX 20 pin mother board connection. And the Power Supply's BOARD input chain is Twenty-Four (24) female pins?!

I also have a seperate 4 pin plug in for the Intel Processor Fan
AND yet another 6 pin vacant connector that's for some other option somewhere for someone I suppose.

I have come to the conclusion that the Power Supply and the mother board power requirements are NOT COMPATIBLE and I need to return he Case.

Am I getting Close here ?! No work arounds on this one Huh?!

I'm not a Power User--so I have NO problems with a 250, but I DO Re-build my systems as time goes on--and thought--"well--in a year or so I'll probably NEED a 350 watt PSU?

Thanks in Advance for any info

Am NOT ready to give up my motherboard yet--it's been good to me for a few years now
Suggestions on alternate Case/Power Suppy combo would be greatly appreciated

Dave in Atlanta

More about : atx pins

a b ) Power supply
May 11, 2009 3:02:45 PM

the 6pin will be for more hungry graphics cards. Ignore it.
the 4pin is for intel processors post pentium3. what motherboard and CPU are you using?
nomally the 4 extra pins on the 20 pin are removable, probably slide off or unclip.
May 11, 2009 3:07:05 PM

Yea, they should be compatable, just a matter of removing the extra 4 pins.

Dont worry, it should be designed to be taken off.
Related resources
May 11, 2009 3:27:29 PM

mi1ez said:
the 6pin will be for more hungry graphics cards. Ignore it.
the 4pin is for intel processors post pentium3. what motherboard and CPU are you using?
nomally the 4 extra pins on the 20 pin are removable, probably slide off or unclip.

WOW! You guys are AWESOME ! That was a 5 minute turn around for a response ! You can use my "Computer Bench" anytime ! :bounce: 

NOW-(since I just took my motherboard out) Then what's the easiest way to see if JUST the Power Supply itself is working?

Dave in Atlanta
May 11, 2009 3:40:32 PM

B-Unit said:
Yea, they should be compatable, just a matter of removing the extra 4 pins.

Dont worry, it should be designed to be taken off.

WOW! You guys are AWESOME ! That was a 5 minute turn around for a response ! You can use my "Computer Bench" anytime ! :bounce: 

NOW-(since I just took my motherboard out) Then what's the easiest way to see if JUST the Power Supply itself is working?

Dave in Atlanta
P.S. I have the PSU set to 115 and it's plugged in....
!