20+4+4+4 ATX How many pins OUT are there-Like 34?!

MERCY !
I needed a new case and fans going on 3-4 years --gettin a BIT NOISY. Went to my local guy and bought an IN-WIN case with a IPS350AQ2 Power Supply. I put in my Trusty P23G v.3.0

Well this was when--upon finishing install--I realized I had an ATX 20 pin mother board connection. And the Power Supply's BOARD input chain is Twenty-Four (24) female pins?!

I also have a seperate 4 pin plug in for the Intel Processor Fan
AND yet another 6 pin vacant connector that's for some other option somewhere for someone I suppose.

I have come to the conclusion that the Power Supply and the mother board power requirements are NOT COMPATIBLE and I need to return he Case.

Am I getting Close here ?! No work arounds on this one Huh?!

I'm not a Power User--so I have NO problems with a 250, but I DO Re-build my systems as time goes on--and thought--"well--in a year or so I'll probably NEED a 350 watt PSU?

Thanks in Advance for any info

Am NOT ready to give up my motherboard yet--it's been good to me for a few years now
Suggestions on alternate Case/Power Suppy combo would be greatly appreciated

Dave in Atlanta
4 answers Last reply
More about pins there like
  1. the 6pin will be for more hungry graphics cards. Ignore it.
    the 4pin is for intel processors post pentium3. what motherboard and CPU are you using?
    nomally the 4 extra pins on the 20 pin are removable, probably slide off or unclip.
  2. Yea, they should be compatable, just a matter of removing the extra 4 pins.

Dont worry, it should be designed to be taken off.
  3. mi1ez said:
    the 6pin will be for more hungry graphics cards. Ignore it.
    the 4pin is for intel processors post pentium3. what motherboard and CPU are you using?
    nomally the 4 extra pins on the 20 pin are removable, probably slide off or unclip.

WOW! You guys are AWESOME ! That was a 5 minute turn around for a response ! You can use my "Computer Bench" anytime ! :bounce:

NOW-(since I just took my motherboard out) Then what's the easiest way to see if JUST the Power Supply itself is working?

Dave in Atlanta
  4. B-Unit said:
    Yea, they should be compatable, just a matter of removing the extra 4 pins.

Dont worry, it should be designed to be taken off.

WOW! You guys are AWESOME ! That was a 5 minute turn around for a response ! You can use my "Computer Bench" anytime ! :bounce:

NOW-(since I just took my motherboard out) Then what's the easiest way to see if JUST the Power Supply itself is working?

Dave in Atlanta
    P.S. I have the PSU set to 115 and it's plugged in....
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Components